This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Approach of Developing System Redundancy Management Requirements
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 17, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a generic Redundancy Management (RM) requirements definition process that is applicable to a complex system RM requirements development. In the aerospace industry, the ‘Aerospace Recommended Practices’ (ARP) 4754 and 4761 are typically used processes to ensure given safety and availability goals for complex systems. The process proposed in this paper is based on these standard guidelines and enhances them to provide a standardized process for the development of RM requirements with interactions between the system requirements development and the preliminary system safety assessment processes. The output of this process will help to achieve the following objectives: The system RM/failure monitoring requirements are defined commensurate with the system safety and availability requirements; the system is fault-tolerant to the degree necessary to meet the system safety and availability requirements; the system is robust and the system architecture is optimized.
|Technical Paper||Integrated Reliability and Safety Education Program|
|Journal Article||Average Probability Calculation Methods for System Safety Analysis|
|Technical Paper||High Speed Databus Evaluation: Further Work|
CitationLin, S., Liesk, T., and Lahey, S., "An Approach of Developing System Redundancy Management Requirements," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2258, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-2258.
- Sklaroff J. R., “Redundancy Management technique for space shuttle computers,” IBM Journal of Research and Development, January 1976
- Yeh Y. C., “Safety critical avionics for the 777 primary flight control system,” 20th Digital Avionics Systems Conference, October 2001
- Bolduc L. P., “X-33 Redundancy Management System,” IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, May 2001
- Ahlstrom K., Torin J., Fersan K., Nobrant P., “Redundancy Management in distributed flight control systems: experience and simulation,” 21st Digital Avionics Systems Conference, 2002
- Westermeier T. F., “Triplex digital fly-by-wire redundancy management techniques,” AIAA Guidance and Control Conference, Palo Alto, CA, August 1978
- Kopetz H., Gruensteidl G., “TTP - A protocol for fault-tolerant real-time systems,” IEEE Computer, Vol. 27, Issue 1, January 1994
- Rehage D., Carl U. B., Vahl A., “Redundancy Management of fault tolerant aircraft system architectures - reliability synthesis and analysis of degraded system states,” German Aerospace Congress, Munich, Germany, November 2003