This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Innovation in Product Data Management to Unlock the Efficiency Potential of the Company
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 17, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
From a past perspective, System Engineering was able to control the product data accuracy with respect to its requirements and towards product certification and delivery avoiding operational disruptions in the development lifecycle. But we usually do it by increasing the complexity of the product data management and administration what makes heavier the product integration. The trends indicate that the product complexity is intensifying and that the increasing load rate of changes will create serious efficiency disruptions if we persevere with today System Engineering approaches.
New System Engineering paradigm is then proposed. It conducts to an innovative management of product identification and business integration. It is supported 4 key pillars:
- The Semantic Product Identification
- The Business Driven Intelligence
- The Product Life-Cycle Social Management
- The Data Management of Things
It is highlighted the wide range of possibilities that could offer new product data aggregation laws based on correlating semantic context information. The other elements of the new PDM paradigm add an apparatus of synergy, management and lean architecture principles of the solutions.
The benefits of a new integrated Systems Engineering will grant: 1) better data continuity and integration across domains, lifecycle & supply chain; 2) intensify data re-use; 3) create easy data access, consistency & transparency; 4) enable flexible interfaces between business processes; 5) Ease traceability of information and processes; and 6) Increase user acceptance on PLM solution approaches.
CitationMartinez-Ablanedo, M., "Innovation in Product Data Management to Unlock the Efficiency Potential of the Company," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2123, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-2123.
- Favi C. , Germani M. From product architecture to assembly sequence: a method to develop conceptual Design for Assembly based on interface analysis 2012
- Li Bo Design process gene in product development 2010
- Hendler James Web 3.0: The Dawn of Semantic Search 2010
- Keßler Alexander and Eigner Martin A Concept for a Generic Connector as Middleware Between Data Soruces and the Engineering Network Framework Lehrstuhl für Virtuelle Productentwicklung 2011
- Abel , F. ; Kawase , R. ; Krause , D. ; Siehndel , P. , and Ullmann , N. The Art of Multi-Faceted Tagging Semantic Web Group & L3S Research Center, Leibniz University Hannover 2010
- Longborough , B. tagging.sty A package for document configuration 2011
- Lohmann , S. ; Díaz P. and Aedo , I. MUTO: The Modular Unified Tagging Ontology Universidad Carlos III 2010
- Golder , S. A. and Huberman , B. A. The Structure of Collaborative Tagging Systems Information Dynamics Lab, HP Labs 2006
- Huang J. ; Thornton , K. M. and Efthimiadis E. N. Conversational Tagging in Twitter University of Washington - Information School 2010