This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Restoring and Upgrading of a Ford Motor Company Reverberation Room Test Suite
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 13, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the upgrades and improvements needed to bring an old and seldom used reverberation room test suite up to current standards. The upgrades and improvements included eliminating a below-floor pit that was open to the reverberation room, improving the acoustical diffusion within the room, enlarging the opening between the reverberation room and an adjacent anechoic chamber, renovating the anechoic receiving chamber, constructing an innovative sound transmission loss test fixture, and installing of a high power reverberation room sound system.
|Technical Paper||Integrated J1850 Protocol Provides for a Low-Cost Networking Solution|
|Technical Paper||Studying the Effects of Lapping Process on Hypoid Gears Surface Finish and Transmission Errors|
CitationKolano, R., Abhyankar, S., and Martin, T., "Restoring and Upgrading of a Ford Motor Company Reverberation Room Test Suite," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1960, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1960.
- ASTM International Standard Test Method for Sound Absorption and Absorption Coefficients by the Reverberation Room Method ASTM Standard Designation C423-09a Oct. 2009
- ASTM International Standard Test Method for Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Sound Transmission Loss of Building Partitions and Elements ASTM Standard Designation E90-09 Aug. 2009
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Recommended Practice Laboratory Measurement of the Airborne Sound Barrier Performance of Flat Materials and Assemblies SAE Standard J1400 Aug. 2010
- Kolano , R. Design of a Self-Contained Acoustical Testing Facility SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 4 2 1195 1200 2011 10.4271/2011-01-1642
- Kolano , R. and Kleckner , J. Verification of a Miniature Reverberation Room for Sound Absorption Measurements Using Corner Microphone Technique SAE Technical Paper 971895 1997 10.4271/971895
- Kolano , R. Design and Construction of an Innovative Sound Transmission Loss Testing Fixture SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1963 2013 10.4271/2013-01-1963
- Kolano , R. and Kleckner , J. Audio Engineering Principles for Reverberation Room Sound Systems SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1678 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1678