This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Analysis of a Generic Sample for Proficiency Testing of Vibration Test Laboratories
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 13, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
When qualifying prototype samples in terms of vibration response and dynamic characteristics, an accredited laboratory is required to implement monitoring procedures to assure the validity of the test results. According to ISO17025, such monitoring may include inter-laboratory comparison or proficiency testing.
This paper presents a mechanical structure which has been designed specifically to be used as a generic reference sample during such a comparative study in which resonant frequencies of a structure need to be quantified. This paper elaborates on the analysis and design issues, which encompass theoretical analysis, both purely mathematical and by FEM (Finite Element Modeling). In addition, to allow statistical analysis of test data resulting from measurements performed by different test laboratories, the uncertainty budget  of the reference value of this sample is determined.
As a first step towards a European project, a limited group of accredited test laboratories in Belgium have participated in a first Round Robin proficiency analysis. The results and interpretation of this exercise conclude this paper.
|Technical Paper||Research on Stick & Sprag-Slip Phenomenon of Door Waist Belts|
|Technical Paper||Full Vehicle Finite Element Model 4-Post Durability Analysis|
|Technical Paper||Role of Statistics in Robust Design|
CitationNauwelaerts, F., Moens, D., and Harri, K., "Design and Analysis of a Generic Sample for Proficiency Testing of Vibration Test Laboratories," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1959, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1959.
- EA-4/02 M 1999 Expression of the Uncertainty of Measurement in Calibration European co-operation for Accreditation 1999
- ISO/IEC 17025 2005 General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories ISO standard 2005
- IEC 60068-2-6 2007 Environmental testing - Part 2: Tests - Test Fc: Vibration (sinusoidal) IEC standard 2007
- Irvine , T. Bending Frequencies of Beams, Rods and Pipes June 2004
- Volterra , E. Dynamics of Vibrations Columbus, Ohio C.E. Merril Books 1965
- Thorby , D. Structural Dynamics and Vibration in Practice Elsevier 2008
- EA-4/16 G 2003 EA Guidelines on the Expression of Uncertainty in Quantitative Testing EA European cooperation for Accreditation 2003