This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development on Rapid Assembly System of Crash Safety CAE Modeling
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In process of vehicle crash simulation analysis, pre-processing takes about 40%~60% of the work time. Shortening period of data preparation of crash simulation is an efficient way to speed up CAE analysis. For collaborative management of FEA model, it is usually divided into some sub-systems including BIW, enclosure, front and rear suspensions. After building individual model for each sub-system, all sub-models are assembled into a full vehicle. There are lots of hand operations in this period, such as mesh quality checking, materials & properties updating, treatment of the assembly connection. Those jobs are tedious and less efficient. In this paper, both the development procedure of Geely car and requirements of CAE simulation are considered to improve vehicle safety performance, NVH & structure strength. A semi-automatic assembly-aided system is developed for assembling full-car crash model. Mesh quality batch checking, materials & properties batch updating and model rapid assembly are all included. Pre-processing saves 50% of processing time than before and makes CAE simulation much more efficient in Geely car development.
CitationTANG, H., "Development on Rapid Assembly System of Crash Safety CAE Modeling," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1380, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1380.
- Guojun ZHENG, Yongxin MEN, Ping HU, Fuquan ZHAO, Key Technologies of CAE Data Process Procedure Based on Knowledge Engineering [J]. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 2011, 47(17):112-118.
- Ping HU, Kejia GONG, Yidong BAO. Physical value mapping algorithm of mesh in fine cae analysis of automobile body structure [J]. Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 2005, 17(3): 338-341.
- Chao FAN. Design and Development of CAE Process Automation System Based on HyperWorks [D]. Hefei: Hefei University of Technology, 2010.3.
- Kurbet S N, Kuppast Vinay V and Chalwa Vijaykumar N. Finite Element and MBD Analysis of Piston toPredict the Engine Noise[J].2013 IJMERR.2013(1):183-192.
- Weijie LIANG, Keyi JIANG, Jianfeng LV. The Integration of Tcl/Tk Command and C/C++ [J]. Microcomputer Information, 2006, 22(3):79-81.
- Weikang DAI, Chuanwei SUN, Jingyi LI. The Application of Helicopter Flying Quality System with Tcl/Tk [J]. Journal of Donghua University, Natural Science, 2005, 31(4):45-48.
- Ousterhout John K. Jones Ken. Tcl and the Tk Toolkit, second edition [M].Beijing: the University Publishing, 2010.10.
- Ping'an DU, Yating PING, Jiantao LIU. theory, modeling, application of the finite element method[M].Beijing: Defense industry Publishing, 2011.8.
- Zhiyuan HU, Biqiang ZENG, Shugang XIE. Based on LS-DYNA and HyperWorks car safety simulation and analysis [M].Beijing: the University Publishing, 2011.9:35-40.
- Livermore software Technology Corporation. LS-DYNA keyword user's manual version 971, 2007.
- HyperMesh, OptiStruct and Mesher Batch. Altair HyperWorks10.0 Help10.0 [CP/OL] 2012.10. http://www.altair.com.cn