This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Ride Comfort Optimization of Electric Wheel Dump Truck Based on a Vehicle Test
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Electric wheel dump trucks are mainly used in open pit mines, where the working environment is very harsh and the driver's continuous working time is extremely long, therefore, the ride comfort of the truck is pretty important. This paper evaluates and optimizes the ride comfort, according to ISO2631, and Chinese standard GB/T4970-1996 and Chinese standard QC/T76.8-1993, while the ride comfort test had been done in a open pit mine. After the test data was analyzed, the results showed that the ride comfort of this truck needs to be improved and optimized. The multi-body system dynamic model was built in MATLAB/SIMULINK for this dump truck, to simulate the realistic working condition using a D-class road, which was reconstructed according to ISO/DIS8608 and Chinese standard GB7031-86, while the simulation results were in coincidence with the test ones. Finally, by terms of the nonlinear characteristics of the hydro-pneumatic suspension, the dump truck ride comfort was optimized using the genetic algorithm, while the results showed that the vehicle ride comfort has been improved significantly.
|Special Publication||Load Simulation and Analysis in Automotive Engineering, 2009|
|Technical Paper||Design and Control of a Novel Geared Electromagnetic Active Suspension|
|Technical Paper||Fuzzy Control of Semi-active Air Suspension for Cab Based on Genetic Algorithms|
CitationWu, W. and Gu, Z., "Ride Comfort Optimization of Electric Wheel Dump Truck Based on a Vehicle Test," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1354, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1354.
- Greco , P. , de Barcellos , C. , and da Rosa Neto , A. A Numerical Model for Passenger Car Ride Comfort Studies SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-0039 2001 10.4271/2001-01-0039
- Li , W. and Somayajula , G. Off-Highway Vehicle Ride Comfort Analysis SAE Technical Paper 941815 1994 10.4271/941815
- Uys , P.E. , Els , P.S. , Thoresson , M. Suspension settings for optimal ride comfort of off-road vehicles travelling on roads with different roughness and speeds Journal of Terramechanics 44 2007 163 175 10.1016/j.jterra.2006.05.002
- Els , P.S. , Theron , N.J. , Uys , P.E. and Thoresson , M.J. The ride comfort vs. handling compromise for off-road vehicles Journal of Terramechanics 44 2007 303 317 10.1016/j.jterra.2007.05.001
- Cai , Z. , Song , C. , An , X. , Gao , H. et al. Virtual Simulation Research on Vehicle Ride Comfort SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-3499 2006 10.4271/2006-01-3499
- Els , PS The applicability of ride comfort standards to off-road vehicles Journal of Terramechanics 2005 42 47 64 10.1016/j.jterra.2004.08.001
- Yang , Yong , Ren , Weiqun et al. Study on ride comfort of tractor with tandem suspension based on multi-body system dynamics Applied Mathematical Modeling 31 2009 11 13 10.1016/j.apm.2007.10.011
- International Standards Organization Mechanical vibration and shock - evaluation of human exposure to whole-body vibration, part 1: general requirements, ISO 2631-1, 2nd 1997
- Chinese Standard Method of random input running test-Automotive ride comfort, GB/T 4970-1996 1996
- Chinese Standard Electric wheel mining dump truck test method ride comfort, QC/T76.8-1993 1996
- Jiazhen , Hong Computational Dynamics of Multi-body Systems Higher Education Press 1999
- International Standards Organization Mechanical vibration-road surface profiles-reporting of measured data, ISO-S8608 1995
- Chinese Standard Vehicle vibration-Describing method GB 7031-86 For road surface irregularity, GB7031-1986 1986
- Qi , ZHAO , Huajun , CHE , Jie , LI Automobile ride optimization simulation based on genetic algorithm Machinery Design and Manufacture 2009 3 203 205