This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fault Tolerance Characteristics of FlexRay Central Devices
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
FlexRay is a communication system targeted at, among other things, fault tolerant applications. In contrast to some other communication systems, FlexRay systems often contain a central device such as an active star. Due to their ability to isolate portions of the communication system central devices offer opportunities to mitigate certain faults. This paper presents several alternatives for the central device of a FlexRay system, specifically active stars, FlexRay switches, and Central Bus Guardians. The paper analyzes the fault detection, isolation and mitigation mechanisms of each central device based on available documentation and specifications.
CitationGupta, A., Jochim, M., and Orlando, K., "Fault Tolerance Characteristics of FlexRay Central Devices," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1185, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1185.
- FlexRay Communications System Preliminary Central Bus Guardian Specification, Version 2.0.13
- FlexRay Product Day 2009 Synchronized and Efficient Bandwidth Allocation using Multidimensional Scheduling FlexRay Product Day 2009 Volkswagen
- Switched FlexRay: Increasing the Effective Bandwidth and Safety of FlexRay Networks Milbredt Paul , Vermeulen Bart , Tabanoglu Gökhan , Lukasiewycz Martin
- Switched FlexRay: Increasing the Effective Bandwidth and Safety of FlexRay Networks Milbredt Paul , Vermeulen Bart , Tabanoglu Goekhan , Lukasiewycz Martin Proceedings of the International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA) Bilbao Spain 2010
- An Investigation of the Clique Problem in FlexRay Milbredt Paul , Horauer Martin , Steininger Andreas IEEE Third International Symposium on Industrial Embedded Systems (SIES 2008) 200 207
- FlexRay Communications System Electrical Physical Layer Specification Version 3.0, FlexRay Consortium December 2009 http://flexray.com
- FlexRay Communications System Electrical Physical Layer Specification Version 2.1, Rev. B, FlexRay Consortium December 2009 http://flexray.com
- FlexRay Communications System, Protocol Specification Version 2.1, Revision A, FlexRay Consortium December 2005 April 2 2010 http://flexray.com