This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Ford Otosan New Powertrain Test Facility - Part 1: Design & Construction of Engine Emission Development Cells
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Ford Otosan the New Powertrain Test Facility project was started as an extension of existing Engine Test Facility in order to cover extra capacity requirement for future Euro 6 emission development programs. Adjacent vehicle workshop was utilized to build new test cells due to space unavailability in neighboring area of the existing facility with four engine test cells. With first phase of the construction, six new multipurpose dynamometer test cells and infrastructure for a 4×2 Powertrain NVH test cell was completed. Lean facility operating concepts were applied in facility design process to improve testing flexibility and efficiency, while minimizing investment costs at the same time. The new test automation systems were equipped with Real-Time testing tools enabling utilization of in-house built engine models in calibration development process. This paper provides a description of the new facilities and an overview of the issues associated with converting an existing building to a functional facility enabling realization of corporate efficiency & utilization objectives.
CitationAkca, S., Ozen, C., Yilmaz, F., and Yayla, Y., "Ford Otosan New Powertrain Test Facility - Part 1: Design & Construction of Engine Emission Development Cells," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1059, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1059.
- Schulte , K. , Paruchuri , M. , and Patel , J. Applying Lean Principles in a Test Laboratory Environment SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1051 2005 10.4271/2005-01-1051
- Martry , A. and Plint , M.A. Engine Testing: Theory and Practice Elsevier Oxford 0-13-978-0-7506-8439-2 2007
- Trampert , S. , Kley , P. , Zimmer , Weyermann , F. and Peters , F. Planning and Design of the DLP Infrastructure MTZextra : The new FEV Durability Test Center in Brehna near Leipzig March 2009
- Üngören , A. Y. and Aydın D. Powertrain Calibration for low CO2 Emissions ICAT Istanbul, Turkey 12 th October 2012
- AVL ArteLAB product brochure
- AVL Ford Otosan New PT Test Facility Project Emission Systems Technical Specifications Document