This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Sensor Fusion Digital-Map System for Driver Assistance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A traffic situation is getting more complex in urban areas. Various safety systems of an automobile have been developed but fatal and serious accidents still can be made by driver's faults or distractions. The system supporting extend of driver's recognition area is going to be an important part of future intelligent vehicles in order to prevent accidents.
In this paper we propose sensor fusion system based on a digital-map for driver assistance. The accurate localization of a host vehicle is achieved by a stereo vision sensor and a digital-map using polygon matching algorithm in urban area. A single-row laser scanner is used for tracking multiple moving objects. The coordinate transformation from sensor frame to global frame is performed to visualize the moving objects on a digital-map.
An experiment was conducted in an urban canyon where the GPS signals are frequently interrupted. Four cameras were installed in the left and right of the vehicle to get images of landmarks and horizontal laser scanner was mounted to collect scan data.
|Technical Paper||Development of Active Lane Keeping Assist System|
|Journal Article||Forward Collision Warning Timing in Near Term Applications|
|Technical Paper||Validation of a Driver Recovery Model Using Real-World Road Departure Cases|
CitationYoo, K., Kim, H., Woo, H., Im, S. et al., "A Sensor Fusion Digital-Map System for Driver Assistance," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0734, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0734.
- Wedel Jan W. , Schünemann Björn and Radusch Ilja V2X-Based Traffic Congestion Recognition and Avoidance 10 th International Symposium on Pervasive Systems, Algorithms and Networks 2009 10.1109/I-SPAN.2009.71
- Amanna Ashwin Overview of IntelliDrive / Vehicle Infrastructure Integration (VII) VerginiaTech Transportation Institute May 2009
- Leinmüller Tim , Schmidt Robert K. , Böddeker Bert , Berg Roger W. and Suzukid Tadao A Global Trend for Car 2 X Communication FISITA 2008 World Automotive Congress Germany September 14 19 2008
- Abeling Peter Christian Development of an Android Driver Assistance System Based on V2X-Messages and Central Traffic Services Master Thesis Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology Munich 2012
- Gallagher A.C. A ground truth based vanishing point detection algorithm Pattern Recognition 35 7 1527 1543 2002 10.1016/S0031-3203(01)00128-5
- Cham Tat-Jen , Ciptadi A. , Tan W. , Pham M. and Chia L. Estimating camera pose from a single urban ground-view omnidirectional image and a 2D building outline map IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition 2010 10.1109/CVPR.2010.5540191
- Nguyen Viet , Martinelli Agostino and Siegwart Roland A Comparison of Line Extraction Algorithms Using 2D Laser Rangefinder for Indoor Mobile Robotics IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems 2005 10.1109/IROS.2005.1545234
- Borges Geovany Araujo and Aldon Marie-Jose Line Extraction in 2D Range Images for Mobile Robotics Journal of Intelligent and Robotics Systems 40 3 267 297 2004 10.1023/B:JINT.0000038945.55712.65
- Nunez Pedro , Vazquez-Martin Ricardo , del Toro Jose C. , Bandera Antonio and Sandoval Francisco Feature Extraction from Laser Scan Data based on Curvature Estimation for Mobile Robotics IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation 2006 10.1109/ROBOT.2006.1641867
- Kaempchen Nico , Buehler Matthias and Dietmayer Klaus Feature-Level Fusion for Free-Form Object Tracking using Laserscanner and Video Proceedings. IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium 2005 10.1109/IVS.2005.1505145
- Manandhar Dinesh and Shibasaki Ryosuke Feature Extraction from Range Data 22nd Asian Conference on Remote Sensing Shingapore November 5 9 2001
- MacLachlan Robert Tracking Moving Objects from a Moving Vehicle Using a Laser Scanner tech. report CMU-RI-TR-05-07 Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University June 2005
- Reid Donald B. An algorithm for Tracking Multiple Targets IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 24 6 843 854 1979 10.1109/TAC.1979.1102177
- Cox Ingemar J. A Review of Statistical Data Association Techniques for Motion Correspondence International Journal of Computer Vision 10 1 53 66 1993 10.1007/BF01440847
- Oh Songhwai , Russell Stuart and Sastry Shankar Markov Chain Monte Carlo Data Association for General Multiple-Target Tracking Problems IEEE Conference on Decision and Control 2004 10.1109/CDC.2004.1428740
- Lingemann Kai , Nuchter Andreas , Hertzberg Joachim and Surmann Hartmut High-speed Laser Localization for Mobile Robots Robotics and Autonomous Systems 51 4 275 296 2005 10.1016/j.robot.2005.02.004