This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Comparative Study of Car-Trailer Dynamics Models
ISSN: 1946-3995, e-ISSN: 1946-4002
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Citation: He, Y. and Ren, J., "A Comparative Study of Car-Trailer Dynamics Models," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 6(1):177-186, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0695.
- Clay, A., Montufar J. and Middleton D., “Operation of Long Semi-Trailers in the United States,” Transportation Research Record, Vol.1833, pp.79-86, 2003.
- Shamim, R., Islam, M., and He, Y., “A Comparative Study of Active Control Strategies for Improving Lateral Stability of Car-Trailer Systems,” SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0959, 2011, doi:10.4271/2011-01-0959.
- Sharp, R.S., and Alonso Fernandez, M.A., “Car-Caravan Snaking Part 2: Active Caravan Braking,” MS thesis, School of Engineering, Cranfield University, Bedford, 2001.
- Eisele, D.D. and Peng, H., “Vehicle Dynamics Control with Rollover Prevention for Articulated Heavy Trucks,” Proceedings of 5th Int'l Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control, August, Ann Arbor, Michigan, pp. 22-24, 2000.
- He, Y. and Islam, M.M., “An Automated Design Method for Active Trailer Steering Systems of Articulated Heavy Vehicles,” Transactions of ASME, Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 134/041002, pp.1-15, 2012.
- Mechanical Simulation, “CarSim Math Models,” carsim.com.
- Ellis, J.R., “Vehicle Dynamics”, Business Books Limited, London, 1969.
- Wong, J.Y., “Theory of Ground Vehicles”, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, 2008.
- Bakker, E., Nyborg, L., and Pacejka, H., “Tyre Modelling for Use in Vehicle Dynamics Studies,” SAE Technical Paper 870421, 1987, doi: 10.4271/870421.
- Anderson, R.J., “Dynamic Handling Characteristics of Car-Trailer Systems: Development and Validation of Mathematical Models,” Ph.D. Thesis, Queen's University at Kingston, Ontario, Canada, 1977.
- Anderson, R. and Kurtz, E., “Handling-Characteristics Simulations Of Car-Trailer Systems,” SAE Technical Paper 800545, 1980, doi: 10.4271/800545.
- Ackermann, J. and Odenthal, D., “Damping of Vehicle Roll Dynamics by Gain Scheduled Active Steering,” Proceedings of European Control Conference, Karlsruhe, Germany, 1999.