This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research of Eliminating Method of Undesired Shifting for Vehicle with Dual Clutch Transmission
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The undesired shifting phenomenon(USP) occurs easily under the braking or climbing conditions etc., and its impact is the discomfort to the passengers or cause of vehicle's state contrary to the driver's intention, meanwhile, the wear of the clutch and synchronizer is increased, so their lifetime are greatly shortened. To the vehicle with dual clutch transmission (DCT), undesired shifting phenomenon will lead to frequent and unnecessary actuation of synchronizer for the use of pre-engagement synchronizer in the shifting control; therefore, its occurrence should be eliminated as far as possible. In this paper, the process of the undesired shifting of the vehicle with DCT is elaborated, then the generating cause of USP is described based on directed graph. The eliminating method through judging the changing track of coordinate point composed of the throttle opening and velocity is presented, in which the driver's intention, vehicle's running state and their internal relationship are considered comprehensively. In addition, on the basis of undesired shifting control method, the normal downshifting control method in emergent accelerating condition is formulated by fuzzy logic control. The validated results of the eliminating method under the accelerating, braking and urban cycle conditions prove that the undesired shifting can be avoided. Furthermore, the control method can be conveniently implemented on software and hardware and applied in real vehicle. Simultaneously, the relevant results of the emergent accelerating condition show that the normal control of downshifting process can be implemented based on accurate identification of driving intention.
|Technical Paper||A Closed-Loop Drive-train Model for HIL Test Bench|
|Book||Honda R&D Technical Review: April 2014|
|Technical Paper||Quality Assurance of Driver Comfort for Automatic Transmissions|
CitationWu, G. and Si, J., "Research of Eliminating Method of Undesired Shifting for Vehicle with Dual Clutch Transmission," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0485, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0485.
- Goetz , M. , Levesley , M. , and Crolla , D. Integrated Powertrain Control of Gearshifts On Twin Clutch Transmissions SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1637 2004 10.4271/2004-01-1637
- Guangqiang WU , Weibin YANG , Datong QIN Key technique of dual clutch transmission control system[J] Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering 2007 43 2 13 21
- Zhang Y , Chen X , Jiang H et al. Dynamic modeling and simulation of a dual-clutch automated lay-shaft transmission[J] Journal of Mechanical Design, Transactions of the ASME 2005 127 2 302 307
- Guangqiang Wu and Deming Zhang Shifting Rule Modification Method of Automatic Transmission Based on Driver-vehicle-road Environment [J] CHINESE JOURNAL OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING 2010 23 3 346 352
- weibing Yang , quanshi Chen , guangqiang Wu et al. Design of the Intelligent Compensating Shifting Schedule and Its Application In Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission vehicle[J] Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering 2009 45 1 205 210
- Koki Hayashi , Yoshinao Shimizu , Yasuhiko Dote et al. Neuro fuzzy transmission control for automobile with variable loads IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 1995 3 1 49 52
- Sakai , I. ; Arai , Y. ; Hasegawa , Y. ; Sakaguchi , S. ; Iwaki , Y. Shift scheduling method of automatic transmission vehicles with application of fuzzy logic
- Anlin GE Theory and design of automatic transmission[M] Beijing China Machine Press 1993