This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Fuzzy Logic Yaw Control Study with Human in the Loop Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Analyzing the real road behavior of a vehicle in the most basic form unavoidably needs a proper driver model. In this study, a vehicle model with 10 degrees of freedom is used in conjunction with a fuzzy-logic-based driver model to generate vehicle's path through a number of specified points through which the vehicle must pass. The fuzzy controller aiming to imitate a real driver was modified to account for secondary sight characteristic of a human eye. Both longitudinal and lateral controls were applied in the study in providing necessary vehicle speed. While the response of the vehicle is assumed as a human driver's actions under controlled handling maneuvers, a fuzzy yaw control strategy was used to control the yaw motion of the vehicle by using independent braking inputs. Analysis was focused on the intention of human driver while providing the yaw moment change. A simulation is carried out in the Matlab© programming environment using a vehicle model in Simulink©.
CitationUzunsoy, E., "A Fuzzy Logic Yaw Control Study with Human in the Loop Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0406, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0406.
- Furukawa , Y. , Abe , M. Advanced Chassis Control Systems for Vehicle Handling and Active Safety Vehicle System Dynamics 28 59 86 1997 10.1080/00423119708969350
- Boada , B. , Boada , M. and Diaz , V. Fuzzy-logic applied to yaw moment control for vehicle stability Vehicle System Dynamics 43 10 753 770 2005 10.1080/00423110500128984
- Uzunsoy , E. , Erkilic , V. A Preview Driver Model Using Fuzzy Logic 6 th Automotive Technologies Congress Otekon 2012 Bursa, TURKEY 04 05 June 2012
- Uzunsoy , E. , Olatunbosun , O. A Generic Fuzzy Pilot and Path Planning for Vehicle Handling Dynamics Simulation Studies SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-2263 2003 10.4271/2003-01-2263
- Allen , R. , Rosenthal , T. , and Szostak , H. Steady State and Transient Analysis of Ground Vehicle Handling SAE Technical Paper 870495 1987 10.4271/870495
- Allen , W. , Rosenthal , T. , and Szostak , H. Analytical Modelling of Driver Response in Crash Avoidance Manoeuvring Volume II: An Interactive Model for Driver/Vehicle Simulation U.S. Department of Transportation Report 1988
- Erkilic , V. Surucu Odakli Ileri Besleme Parametrelerinin Irdelenerek Bulanik Mantik Temelinde Bir Tasit Surucu Modeli Gelistirilmesi Yuksek Lisans Tezi (MSc Thesis) Yildiz Teknik Universitesi FBE Istanbul, TURKEY 2011
- Sahin , M. Design and Simulation of an ABS for an Integrated Active Safety System for Road Vehicles MSc Thesis Middle East Technical University Ankara, TURKEY 2007