This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Gasoline Lubricity: An Exploratory Evaluation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 02, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Injection system of internal combustion engines are directly lubricated by the fuel, being this ability known as lubricity. For gasoline fuels, although the lubricity requirement appears to be lower than other fuels, the concern is related to high pressure injection system used in direct injection engines, which might be more susceptible to intrinsic problems of lubricity. Still, few studies are available in the technical literature and the methodology for gasoline lubricity analysis is still object of study. In this sense, this paper aims to evaluate a modified HFRR test method with respect to its applicability to brazilian gasoline as well as the ethanol influence on lubricity. The results provide grounding on the practical test procedure under study.
|Journal Article||A Study of Low Speed Preignition Mechanism in Highly Boosted SI Gasoline Engines|
|Technical Paper||Effects of Mid-Level Ethanol Blends on Conventional Vehicle Emissions|
CitationLopreato, L., de Oliveira, E., and Duarte, M., "Gasoline Lubricity: An Exploratory Evaluation," SAE Technical Paper 2012-36-0502, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-36-0502.
- Marangoni, D. Fuel Lubricity Industrial Lubrication and Tribology 50 3 108 118 1998
- Wei, D.P Korcek, S. Spikes, H. Comparison of the Lubricity of Gasoline and diesel Fuels SAE 962010 1998
- Wei, D.P Korcek, S. Spikes, H. The lubricity of gasoline Tribology transactions 52 4 813 823 1999
- Spikes, H. Wei, D.P Korcek, S. The lubricating properties of Gasoline Fuel Fuels International 261 277 2001
- Bratky, D. Stacho, D. Low sulphur Motor Gasoline Lubricity 4th International Fuel Colloquium Germany 393 397
- Przedlacki, M. Baranowski, P. Evaluation of the lubricity of Gasoline and its modification with selected Additives 5th International Fuel Colloquium Germany 2005
- Rovai, F. Tanaka, D. Sinatora, A. Wear and Corrosion Evaluation of Electric Fuel Pumps with Ethanol/Gasoline Blends SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2196 2005
- Use of Reformulated Gasoline In Nonroad Engines EPA 420-F-95-007
- Wei, D. Spikes, H. The lubricity of diesel fuel wear 111 217 235 1986
- RESOLUÇÃO ANP N° 36 6 12 2005 http://www.anp.gov.br/
- Agudelo, J. Delgado, A. Benjumea, P. The Lubricity of ethanol-gasoline fuels blends Rev. Fac. Ing. Univ. Antioquia 58 9 16 2011