This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
High-Temperature, Distributed Control using Custom CMOS ASICs
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 22, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Four application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) which provide sensing, actuation, and power conversion capabilities for distributed control in a high-temperature (over 200°C) environment are presented. Patented circuit design techniques facilitate fabrication in a conventional, low-cost, 0.5 micron bulk Complimentary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) foundry process. The four ASICs are combined with a Digital Signal Processor (DSP) to create a distributed control node. The design and performance over temperature of the control system is discussed. Various applications of the control system are proposed. The authors also discuss various design techniques used to achieve high reliability and long life.
|Technical Paper||Compact Magnetic Solenoid Valves Using a Composite Magnetic Material|
|Technical Paper||A Blockchain-Backed Database for Qualified Parts|
CitationMajerus, S., Howe, D., Garverick, S., Merrill, W. et al., "High-Temperature, Distributed Control using Custom CMOS ASICs," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-2210, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-2210.
- Allan, G. A. Walton, A. J. Holwill, R. J. 1992 November A yield improvement technique for IC layout using local design rules Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, IEEE Transactions on 11 11 1355 1362
- Girella, K. Dreiner, S. Schmidt, A. Heigermann, W. Kappert, H. Vogt, H. et al. 2012 High Temperature Characterization up to 450C of MOSFETs and basic circuits realized in a Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) CMOS-Technology Albuquerque, NM: iMAPS High Temperature Electronics Conference (HITEC)
- Howe, D. Majerus, S. Garverick, S. Merrill, W. Semega, K. 2012 High-Temperature, Bulk-CMOS Integrated Circuits for a Distributed Control System-Performance Results Albuquerque, NM: IMAPS Int'l Conf. & Exhibition on High Temperature Electronics (HiTEC 2012)
- Lundberg, K. H. 2002 Analog-to-Digital Converter Testing 03 30 2012 http://web.mit.edu/klund/www/papers/UNP_A2Dtest.pdf
- Majerus, S. Howe, D. Garverick, S. Hiscock, D. Merrill, W. 2010 High-temperature, bulk-CMOS integrated circuits for a distributed FADEC system IMAPS Int'l Conf. & Exhibition on High Temperature Electronics (HiTEC 2010) Albuquerque, NM
- Ohme, B. Larson, M. 2012 Analog Component Development for 300C Sensor Interface Applications Alburquerque, NM iMAPS - HITEC
- Neudeck, P. G. Chen, L.-Y. Krasowski, M. J. Prokop, N. F. 2009 P. G. Neudeck, L.-Y. ChenCharacterization of 6H-SiC JFET Integrated Circuits Over A Broad Temperature Range from −150 C to +500 C Materials Science Forum 645-648 Silicon Carbide and Related Materials
- Unitrode (now Texas Instruments) 1994 October DN-62: Switching Power supply topology voltage mode vs. current mode focus.ti.com/lit/an/slua119/slua119.pdf
- Yu, X. Garverick, S. L. 2006 A 300°C, 110-dB sigma-delta modulator with programmable gain in bulk CMOS Custom Integrated Circuits Conference 225 228