This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
System Architecture Driven Software Design Analysis Methodology and Toolset
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 22, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An approach is described for the static analysis of component models in an integrated context driven by system and software architecture configuration. This satisfies an important verification objective for the certification of avionics systems and can significantly reduce certification costs by identifying design problems early in the development cycle. The methodology is implemented in a toolset that performs the model-based integrated analysis of computing signal range, error bounds, and identifying design defects. Classes of design defects are described that are detected using this toolset and usage examples are presented.
CitationBhatt, D., Madl, G., and Oglesby, D., "System Architecture Driven Software Design Analysis Methodology and Toolset," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-2132, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-2132.
- Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification RTCA DO-178B/ED-12B RTCA, Inc.
- The MathWorks MATLAB Simulink, Stateflow and PolySpace http://www.mathworks.com
- Srivastava, Ashok System-wide Safety and Assurance Technologies (SSAT) Project Overview NASA Aviation Safety Program Annual Technical Meeting St. Louis, Mo May 2011
- Bhatt, Devesh Hickman, Steve Schloegel, Kirk Oglesby, David An Approach and Tool for Test Generation from Model-Based Functional Requirements Proc. of the Intl. Workshop on Aerospace Software Engineering 2007
- Bhatt, Devesh Madl, Gabor Oglesby, David Schloegel, Kirk Towards Scalable Verification of Commercial Avionics Software Proceedings of the AIAA Infotech@Aerospace Conference 2010
- Ledeczi, Akos Maroti, Miklos Bakay, Arpad Karsai, Gabor Garrett, Jason Thomason, Charles Nordstrom, Greg Sprinkle, Jonathan Volgyesi, Peter The Generic Modeling Environment Workshop on Intelligent Signal Processing 2001
- SAE International Aerospace Standard “Architecture Analysis & Design Language (AADL),” SAE Standard AS5506A Jan. 2009
- Hamon, G. “A Denotational Semantics for Stateflow,” Proceedings of EMSOFT 2005 164 172
- Hamon, G. Rushby, J. “An Operational Semantics for Stateflow,” International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer (STTT) 9 5-6 447 456 Oct 2007
- Tiwari, A. “Formal Semantics and Analysis Methods for Simulink Stateflow Models,” SRI International, Tech. Rep. 2002 http://www.csl.sri.com/∼tiwari/stateflow.html
- Agrawal, A. Simon, G. Karsai, G. “Semantic Translation of Simulink/Stateflow models to Hybrid Automata using Graph Transformations,” Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science 109 43 56 2004
- Alur, R. Kanade, A. Ramesh, S. Shashidhar, K. “Symbolic Analysis for Improving Simulation Coverage of Simulink/Stateflow Models,” Proceedings of EMSOFT 2008 89 98
- Halbwachs, N. Caspi, P. Raymond, P. Pilaud, D. “The Synchronous Data Flow Programming Language LUSTRE,” Proceedings of the IEEE 79 9 1305 1320 1991
- Tripakis, S. Sofronis, C. Caspi, P. Curic, A. “Translating Discrete-time Simulink to Lustre,” ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS) 4 2005
- Esterel Technologies France “SCADE Suite,” http://www.esterel-technologies.com
- Durrieu, G. Laurent, O. Seguin, C. Wiels, V. “Formal Proof and Test Case Generation for Critical Embedded Systems Using Scade,” Building the Information Society 156/2004 499 504 2004