This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
High-efficiency NOx Trap Catalyst with Highly Dispersed Precious Metal for Low Precious Metal Loading
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes a newly developed NOx trap catalyst that achieves cleaner exhaust gas using much smaller quantities of precious metals. The precious metal loading of this NOx trap catalyst has been halved by developing a technique for inhibiting precious metal sintering even under exposure to high temperature exhaust gas and a trap material with improved catalyst functions at low temperature. This NOx trap catalyst is used on the Nissan X-TRAIL fitted with a diesel engine, which was the first vehicle to comply with Japan's Post New Long term Exhaust Emission Regulations.
|Technical Paper||The Micromechanics of Catalytic Soot Oxidation in Diesel Particulate Filters|
|Technical Paper||The Effects of Catalytic Converter Location and Palladium Loading on Tailpipe Emissions|
- Katsuo Suga - Nissan Motor Company Ltd.
- Tetsuro Naito - Nissan Motor Company Ltd.
- Yasunari Hanaki - Nissan Motor Company Ltd.
- Masanori Nakamura - Nissan Motor Company Ltd.
- Kazuyuki Shiratori - Nissan Motor Company Ltd.
- Yoshiaki Hiramoto - Nissan Motor Company Ltd.
- Yoshiaki Tanaka - Nissan Motor Company Ltd.
CitationSuga, K., Naito, T., Hanaki, Y., Nakamura, M. et al., "High-efficiency NOx Trap Catalyst with Highly Dispersed Precious Metal for Low Precious Metal Loading," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1246, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-1246.
- Sekiba, T. Kimura, S. Yamamoto, H. Okada, A. “Development of automotive palladium three-way catalysts” Catalysis Today 22 1 113 126 Elsevier 1994
- Yamamoto, S. Matsushita, K. Etoh, S. Takaya, M. “In-line Hydrocarbon (HC) Adsorber System for Reducing Cold-Start Emissions,” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0892 2000 10.4271/2000-01-0892
- Hiramoto, Y. Takaya, M. Yamamoto, S. Okada, A. “Development of a New HC-Adsorption Three-Way Catalyst System for Partial-ZEV Performance,” SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1861 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1861
- Onodera, H. Nakamura, M. Takaya, M. Akama, H. et al. “Development of a Diesel Emission Catalyst System for Meeting US SULEV Standards,” SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 1 1 231 238 2009 10.4271/2008-01-0449
- Nakamura, M. Wakamatsu, H. Suga, K. Hiramoto, T. et al. “Ultrafine Precious Metal Catalyst for High Conversion Efficiency with Low Precious Metal Loading,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1069 2009 10.4271/2009-01-1069
- Johnson, T.V. US Dept. of Energy Diesel Engine Efficiency and Emissions Reduction (DEER) Conference Detroit August 2006
- Tanaka Kikinzoku Kogyo K.K. Platinum 2006 Interim Review 2006
- Murakami, Y. et al SYOKUBAI REKKA MEKANIZUMU TO BOUSHI TAISAKU Technical Information Institute Tokyo, Japan 2006
- Diwell, A. F. Rajaram, R. R. Shaw, H. A. Truex, T. J. “The Role of Ceria in Three-Way Catalysts” Stud. Surf. Sci. Catal. Elsevier 71 139 2001
- Murrell, L. L. Tauster, S. J. Anderson, D. R. “Laser Raman Characterization of Surface Phase Precious Metal Oxides Formed on CeO2” Stud. Surf. Sci. Catal. 71 275 Elsevier 2001
- Taniguchi, M. Uenishi, M. Tan, I. Tanaka, H. et al. “Thermal Properties of the Intelligent Catalyst,” SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1272 2004 10.4271/2004-01-1272