This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study of Experimental Acoustic Modal Analysis of Automotive Interior Acoustic Field Coupled with the Body Structure
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The accuracy of the vibro-acoustic coupled system model for the low frequency range depends on how accurately modal characteristics are represented at the input, output, and the structure-acoustic coupling surface. This study focus on extracting the detailed acoustic mode shapes on the coupling surface for the improvement of the model accuracy. In order to extract the acoustic mode shapes on the coupling surface from an experimental test, the applied method is initially evaluated by FE model results. As the next step, the same procedure in the previous step is applied to the test data of an actual vehicle for the purpose of extracting the detailed acoustic mode shapes at the coupling surface of the body structure and cabin interior acoustic field.
|Technical Paper||Experimental Determination of Acoustic Cavity Resonances of Vehicle Sub-Systems|
|Journal Article||Research on Mechanism of Change in Suspension Transfer Force in Relation to Low-Frequency Road Noise|
CitationTsuji, H., Enomoto, T., Maruyama, S., and Yoshimura, T., "A Study of Experimental Acoustic Modal Analysis of Automotive Interior Acoustic Field Coupled with the Body Structure," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1187, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-1187.
- Nagamatsu, A. et al. Analysis and Control of Vibro-acoustic Modes Tokyo Corona Publishing Co. 1996 258
- Mode Analysis Handbook Editorial Committee Mode Analysis Handbook Tokyo Corona Publishing Co. 1999 472
- Khanh, Dung Ngoc YOSHIMURA, Takuya SUTO, Akira NARIKUNI, Seiya Investigation on Modal Parameter Estimation with Application to CAE Data Proc of JSAE Spring Annual Conf, No.08-07 2007 5262 May 2007
- Bart, P. H. V. A. Geert, L. Jan, L. PolyMAX a New Standard in Modal Parameter Estimation-Challenging Automotive Applications Masayuki Ishizuka Proc of JSAE Spring Annual Conf, No.25-04 9 12 2004
- Shimada, H. et al. “Development Process and System Construction of a Large-scale, High-accuracy Vehicle Vibro-acoustic Simulation Model for Shortening the Development Period,” Preprints of JSAE Scientific Lecture Series, No. 10-04 15 18 2004
- Maruyama, S. Yamamoto, T. “Experimental Method for Coupled Structure-acoustic Modes and Comparison with Calculations,” Preprints of JSAE Scientific Lecture Series, No. 95-06 1 6 2006
- Maruyama, S. et al. “A Study of the Effects of Large Interior Trim Parts on the Interior Sound Field,” Preprints of JSAE Scientific Lecture Series, No. 125-07 1 4 2007
- Wyckaert, Katrien Augusztinovicz, Fulop Vibro-acoustical Modal Analysis: Reciprocity, Model Symmetry and Model Validatiy ISMA 19 739 760 1994
- Hagiwara, et al. “Development of a Method for Analyzing the Eigenmodes and Frequency Response Sensitivities of Coupled Structural-acoustic Sound Fields,” Trans. of Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers C 57 534 420 425 Feb. 1991
- Sung, S. Nefske, D. Le-The, H. Bonarens, F. “Development and Experimental Evaluation of a Vehicle Structural-Acoustic Trimmed-Body Model,” SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1798 1999 10.4271/1999-01-1798
- Sanderson, M. Onsay, T. “CAE Interior Cavity Model Validation using Acoustic Modal Analysis,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2167 2007 10.4271/2007-01-2167
- Yoshimura, T. Tsuji, H. et al. “Theoretical Investigation on Experimental Acoustic Modal Analysis for Automotive Interior Acoustic Field” JSAE Technical Paper No. 20105310 1 4 2010
- Tsuji, H. Maruyama, S. et al. “Experimental acoustic modal analysis for automotive interior acoustic field coupling with body structure” JSAE Technical Paper No. 20105330 1 4 2010
- Satomura, A. Maruyama, S. et al. “A New Modeling Technique of Acoustic Cavity Considering Helmholtz Resonance” JSAE Technical Paper No. 20105026 1 4 2010
- Lee, S. Park, K. Sung, S. Nefske, D. “Boundary Condition Effect on the Correlation of an Acoustic Finite Element Passenger Compartment Model,” SAE Int. J. Mater. Manuf. 4 1 708 715 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0506