This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Identification of Noise Source in Diesel Engine Based on the Cepstrum Analysis of Sound and Vibration Signals
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Cepstrum analysis method is an important part in the area of modern signal processing subject, which has a good application in noise source identification. The paper uses cepstrum method to analyze noise and vibration signals of diesel engine, separates and extracts periodic source signals with characteristic of non-harmonic order from complex spectrum waveform, and then identifies the contribution of each component to the spectrum with characteristic of non-harmonic order by analyzing noise and vibration signals of each component. The result shows that cepstrum analysis method can extract source signal from the complex spectrum waveform effectively, thus facilitate the identification of noise and vibration sources.
CitationLiang, X., Yang, K., Shu, G., dong, l. et al., "The Identification of Noise Source in Diesel Engine Based on the Cepstrum Analysis of Sound and Vibration Signals," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0802, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0802.
- Dayou, Ma. Noise Control [M]. Beijing: Science Press, 1987.
- Norton, M. P.. Fundamentals of noise and vibration analysis for engineers [M]. Cambridge University Press, 1989.
- Tianren, Yao, Hong, Kong. Modern Digital Signal Processing [M]. Wuhan: Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press, 1999.
- Xiongxi, Zhang. Zhenxing, Liu. Fault detection for motor based on cepstrum analysis [J]. Power System Protection and Control, 2010, 38(20): 145-147.
- Aixi, Xu, Xiyang, Wang, Min, Wang. Application of Gearbox Fault Diagnosis Method Based on Cepstrum[J]. Mechanical engineer, 2011, 2: 88-89.
- Badaoui, M E, Guillet, F, Daniere, J. New applications of the real cepstrum to gear signals, including definition of a robust fault indicator [J]. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 2004, 18 (5):1031-1046.
- Taghvaei, M, Beck, S B M, Staszewski, W J, Leak detection in pipelines using cepstrum analysis [J]. Meas. Sci. Technol. 2006, 17: 367-372.
- Kumar, B. Radish, Bhat, Jayashree S., and Prasad, Neitica. Cepstral Analysis of Voice in Persons with Vocal Nodules [J]. Journal of Voice, 2010, 24(6): 651-653.
- Heng, Cheng, Minghuang, Cheng. The Application of Cepstrum on Gear Fault Diagnosis [J]. Journal Of Taiyuan University of Technology, 2003, 34(6): 661-663.