This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Reduction of Mass and Sound Pressure for Automatic Transmission Using Topography Optimization
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A design process to reduce mass and sound pressure for automatic transmissions of vehicles is presented. The proposed process uses a newly developed topography optimization technique. Additionally, useful and necessary techniques including sound pressure optimization and the beta method are described. As a demonstrative problem, the design process is successfully applied to reduce mass and sound pressure of a 6 speed AISIN AW FWD automatic transmission.
CitationIde, T., Kitajima, H., Leiva, J., and Watson, B., "Reduction of Mass and Sound Pressure for Automatic Transmission Using Topography Optimization," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0774, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0774.
- Vanderplaats, G.N. Saving Energy Through Optimization SAE Journal of Passenger Cars and Electrical Systems 2004
- Ide, T Otomori, M Kitamura, Y Kosaka, I Leiva, J.P. Watson, B.C. Improvement of Noise Performance for Automatic Transmission Using Sound Pressure Optimization SAE paper 2010-01-0394
- Leiva, J.P. Topometry Optimization: A New Capability to Perform Element by Element Sizing Optimization of Structures 10th AIAA/ISSMO Symposium on Multidisciplinary Analysis and Optimization Albany, NY August 30 September 1 2004
- Dai, Y. Ramnath, D. “A Topographically Structural Optimization Methodology for Improving Noise Radiation in Transaxles,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2287 2007 10.4271/2007-01-2287
- Kosaka, I. Leiva, J. Watson, B. Adduri, P. et al. “Structural Optimization Method and Techniques to Reduce Radiation Noise,” SAE Int. J. Engines 4 2 2173 2180 2011 10.4271/2011-01-1505
- Ide, T Kosaka, I Leiva, J.P. Watson, B.C. Ide, T. Kosaka, I. Leiva, J. Watson, B. “Improvement of NV Performance for Automatic Transmission Using Large Scale Optimization,” SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0869 2008 10.4271/2008-01-0869
- Kosaka, I. Leiva, J. Watson, B. Ide, T. “Techniques to Accelerate Large Scale Optimization with Large Scale Modal Frequency Response Analysis,” SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0872 2008 10.4271/2008-01-0872
- Tournour, M. Brux, P. Mas, P. Wang, X. et al. “Inverse Numerical Acoustics of a Truck Engine,” SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1692 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1692
- Martinus, F. Herrin, D. Seybert, A. “Practical Considerations in Reconstructing the Surface Vibration Using Inverse Numerical Acoustics,” SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1456 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1456
- Wu, T.W. Boundary Element Acoustics WIT Press Southampton, Boston 2000
- Leiva, J.P. Method for Generating Perturbation Vector for Topography Optimization of Structure 5th World Congress of Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization Venice Italy May 19 23 2003
- Vanderplaats, G.N. “Numerical Optimization Techniques for Engineering Design : With Applications” 2007
- Tayer, J.E. Bendsoe, M. “An Interpretation for Min-max Structural Design Problems Including a Method for Relaxing Constraints,” Int. J. Solids Structures 20 4 301 314 1984