This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Virtual Vehicle Simulator for ECM Software Testing
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 04, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The use of static vehicle simulators, as a mean of testing and validating the software, is labor intensive, time consuming and error prone. So, the fast pace of the automotive industry pose as a high burden on ECM Software validation and testing due to: 1) increasingly shorter development cycles; 2) rising number of automotive players and; 3) stiffing of the competition, which calls for diminishing engineering costs.
The use of dynamic simulator with automatic test routines helps to approach these issues. Nevertheless, their high cost hinders its widespread use.
This paper will describe a virtual vehicle simulator technique that can potentially expedite and greatly lower the cost of a considering part of the Software testing problem.
As an abstraction model, this virtual simulator can be viewed as if it was a real, hardware based, dynamic simulator, allowing the communized test scripts and programmatic tools and interfaces.
CitationVolpato, O. and Miranda, C., "Virtual Vehicle Simulator for ECM Software Testing," SAE Technical Paper 2011-36-0244, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-36-0244.
- Brooks, F.; “The Mythical Man-Month”. Addison-Wesley Press. ISBN.: 0-201-83595-9 (1995 ed.)
- Nelson, E. and Huang, H.; “A Software and System Modeling Facility for Vehicle Environment Interactions”. ASWSD 2006. pp-34-47.
- Zheng, Q.; Chung, W.; Defore, K. and Herman, A.; “A Hardware-in-the-loop Test Bench for Production Transmission Controls”. SAE paper 2007-01-0502. 2007 SAE World Congress. Detroit. USA.
- Habeebullah, A.; Zheng, Q. and Chung, W.; “A Closed-Loop Drive-train Model for HIL Test Bench”. SAE paper 2009-01-1139. 2009 SAE World Congress. Detroit. USA.
- Chen, Y. and Carpenter, R.; “Use of Feedback Control to Improve HIL Based ECU System Function Testing”. SAE paper 2010-01-0663. 2010 SAE World Congress. Detroit. USA.
- http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/basics101/g/SwordofDamocles.htm (accessed in 20th., May, 2011)