This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development and Application of Advanced CFD Method to Optimize the Spool Valve
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2011 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
A new numerical method is developed to predict the movement of a valve induced by the flow-induced force and pressure field around a valve. It solves the governing equations of fluid dynamics coupled with the motion equation of the valve. We apply this method to predict the motion of a spool valve in a valve body of an automatic transmission. In addition, the effectiveness of design parameters is found to achieve the design goal that reduce the discharge flow rate and flow-induced force. Finally, the optimized design of valve with better performance is suggested.
|Technical Paper||Introducing Hydraulic-Electric Synergy into Hybrid Transmission Using the Free-piston Engine Technology|
|Technical Paper||THE PACKARD SINGLE-EIGHT|
|Technical Paper||Development of a Powertrain Matching Analysis Tool|
CitationSong, K., Kim, H., and Park, J., "Development and Application of Advanced CFD Method to Optimize the Spool Valve," SAE Technical Paper 2011-28-0127, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-28-0127.
- Design of automatic transmission
- Song, Kyoung “HCVT2 Ratio Control Valve Flow Analysis” HMC Internal Report 2004 12
- Song, Kyoung Kilmin, Moon “Flow Analysis of HD HEV CVT Spool Valve : Notch Effect” HMC Internal Report 2007 11
- Min, Bao Xin, Fu Ying, Chen “Computational Fluid Dynamics Approach to Pressure loss Analysis of Hydraulic Spool valve” Technical University of Karlsruhe(TH) Germany 2002
- Borghi, M. Milani, M. Paoluzzi, R. “Influence of Notch shape and Number of Notches on the metering characteristics of Hydraulic spool v/v” University of Modena & Reggio Emilia Italy 1999