This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Evaluation of Gas Transport Properties on the Process of Urea Gas Decomposition in the Modeling of a Urea-SCR System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2011 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
It is important to understand the influence of gas transport properties on the process of urea gas decomposition in the modeling of a urea-SCR system. The purpose of this study is to find the gas transport property that exerts the strongest influence on the process of urea gas decomposition in a urea-SCR system using a three-dimensional model with the laminar flow of incompressible viscous gas at a steady-state condition by the SIMPLE algorithm. It is found that the gas transport properties which have the strongest influence on the process of urea gas decomposition in a urea-SCR system are the density and molecular diffusivity. It is also found that the influence of density is stronger than the molecular diffusivity at low temperature ranges. In contrary, the molecular diffusivity has stronger influence at high temperature ranges comparing with the density. Consequently, the density and molecular diffusivity with temperature-dependent function should not be neglected in the urea gas decomposition modeling of a urea-SCR system.
CitationRiyandwita, B., Bae, M., Tanjung, E., and Tsuchiya, K., "Evaluation of Gas Transport Properties on the Process of Urea Gas Decomposition in the Modeling of a Urea-SCR System," SAE Technical Paper 2011-28-0044, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-28-0044.
- Riyandwita, B. W. Bae, M. W. Effects of Gas Transport Properties on the Processes of NO x Reduction and NH 3 Oxidation in a Urea-SCR System Using Numerical Analyses 2010-01-1240 , SAE Technical Paper 2010
- Reid, R. C. Prausnitz, J. M. Poling, B. E. The Properties of Gases and Liquids McGraw-Hill New York 407 530 1987
- CD-Adapco STAR-CD Methodology 1 10 2008
- Kleeman, M. Elsener, M. Koebel, M. Wokaun, A. Hydrolysis of Isocyanic Acid on SCR Catalysts Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 39 11 4120 4126 2000
- Yim, S. D. Kim, S. J. Baik, J. H. Nam, I. S. Mok, Y. S. Lee, J. H. Cho, B. K. Oh, S. H. Decomposition of Urea into NH 3 for the SCR Process Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 43 16 4856 4863 2004