This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A New Approach Based on Statistical Modeling of Electrical Consumption for Electrical Generator Demand Estimation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 18, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
With the last generation of large aircraft, the electrical needs have increased to reach a power close to 1MW. A power increase directly impacts one of the prominent criterions in aircraft design process: weight. Therefore, designers face the challenge to reduce generation while the power demand is increasing.
The proposed paper details a methodology based on statistical approach to estimate the electrical consumption of an electrical network. Moreover, the modeling proposed in this paper allows taking into account peaks defined by their power and duration. Based on in-service measurements on commercial aircraft flights, this study proposes two methods to estimate electrical consumption of an electrical network.
The first method is described. Based on modeling thanks to an efficient clustering, a Monte Carlo simulation is performed on all the loads to estimate the electrical power on the network with relevant results.
As the generator has an overload capability during a known time, the second method proposed calls in an enhanced model in order to take into account duration aspects. The whole process of this new model creation is detailed and illustrated. Finally, this method is applied to simulate the behavior of consumption and duration of an electrical network.
|Journal Article||Advanced Electrical Signature Analysis of Aircraft Electrical Generators|
|Journal Article||Advanced Diagnostics of Aircraft Electrical Generators|
|Technical Paper||SUIT: The Integration of Aircraft Utility Subsystems|
CitationRoblot, G., Baumann, C., and Guerin, P., "A New Approach Based on Statistical Modeling of Electrical Consumption for Electrical Generator Demand Estimation," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-2669, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-2669.
- Guérin, P. Miegeville, L. Souffran, G. “Forecasting of power demands using a stochastic approach. Application on isolated and on board systems,” Revue Internationale de genie électrique 12 5-6 785 809 2009
- Robinson, M. C. Wallace, S. E. Woodward, D. C. “Risk Mitigation of Design Requirements Using a Probabilistic Analysis,” IEEE Requirements Engineering 231 239 Sep. 2005
- Nazarko, J. Styczynski, Z.A. “Application of statistical and neural approaches to the daily load profiles modeling in power distribution systems,” IEEE Transmission and Distribution Conference 1 1 320 325 Apr. 1999
- Roblot, G. Guérin, P. Baumann, C. “Statistical Approach for Electrical Generator Consumption in an Aeronautical Purpose,” IYCE 2011 Jul. 2011
- Langlois, O. “Design of an electrical emergency network for aeronautic applications (Original title in French: Conception d'un réseau de secours électrique pour l'aéronautique),” Student Thesis Jun. 2006
- Baumann, C. “Architecture and management of a meshed HVDC electrical network for aeronautic application (Original title in French: Architecture et gestion d'un réseau continu maillé haute-tension pour l'aéronautique),” Student Thesis Mar. 2009