This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study on Simple and High-Speed Diesel Combustion Model with Wall Impingement
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 30, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
To design diesel engines adapted to future exhaust gas regulation, it would be advantageous to have a driving mode simulation for vehicle performance and exhaust emissions, including after-treatment systems. The combustion model for this objective must be able to simulate the engine performance in very short time. We have tried to develop such diesel engine combustion model by adding the improvements to the Hiroyasu model. In this paper, we detail the improvements that were added to this model and comparisons the calculated results by the improved model with experimental result.
CitationSakaida, S., Tabe, Y., and Chikahisa, T., "Study on Simple and High-Speed Diesel Combustion Model with Wall Impingement," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-1846, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-1846.
- Shimazaki, N. et al. Development of Total Engine Simulation System for Innovative Next Generation Diesel Engine Proceeding of the 2006 JSAE Annual Fall Congress, 20065858 2006
- Hiroyasu, H. et al. A Combustion Model and Prediction of Performance for Direct Injection Diesel Engine (1st. Combustion Model) Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers 48-432 1982 1606 1613
- Hiroyasu, H. et al. A Combustion Model and Prediction of Performance for Direct Injection Diesel Engine (2nd. Calculation results) Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers 48-432 1982 1614 1622
- Arato, K et al. Development of a Combustion Model for a High-Speed Total Engine Simulation System Proceedings of the 2006 JSAM Annual Fall Congress, 20065759 2006
- Murakami, A. et al. Measurement of turbulent flow in the combustion chamber of a D.I. diesel engine SAE paper 900061 1990 392 401
- Schreiber, M. et al. 25th Symposium Combustion 1944 933
- Zhang, Wu et al. Mixture Formation and Combustion of Diesel Sprays from Micro-Hole Nozzles under Ultra-High Injection Pressure doctor thesis in Hiroshima Uni 2008
- Yarin, A.L. et al. Impact of Drops on Solid Surface J. Fluid Mech 283 1995 141 173
- Pasandideh-Frad, M. et al. Capillary effects during droplet impact on a solid surface Physics of Fluids 8 1996 650 659