This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Prediction of Structural Acoustic Radiation for Compressor Considering Airflow Pulsed Load
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 17, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A coupled vibro-acoustic of a compressor modeling process was demonstrated for predicting the acoustic radiation from a vibrating compressor structure based on dynamic response data. FEM based modal analysis of the compressor was performed and the result was compared with experimental data, for the purpose of validating the FE model. Modal based force response analysis was conducted to calculate the compressor's surface vibration velocity on radiating structure, using the load which caused by mechanical excitation as input data. In addition, due to the coolant had oscillating gas pressure, the gas pulsed load was also considered during the dynamic response analysis. The surface vibration velocity solution of the compressor provided the necessary boundary condition input into a finite element/boundary element acoustic code for predicting acoustic radiation. A hemispherical field point model was built according to ISO 3744:1994 to evaluate the noise radiated during the compressor run-up in the frequency domain. With application of the field response analysis, the radiation power, the field point sound pressure level was calculated. For purpose of noise and vibration reduction, some researches focused on parameters that affected the compressor noise radiation, such as compressor housing thickness and chilled storage housing thickness, were carried out. Sound power measurement was performed in semi-anechoic chamber for simulation verification. Calculated and analytical results were generalized for further noise and vibration reduction research process.
Citationshouwei, L., huihua, F., jiao, S., and zhengxing, Z., "Prediction of Structural Acoustic Radiation for Compressor Considering Airflow Pulsed Load," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-1722, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-1722.
- Montgomery, David E. West, Robert L. Burdisso, Ricardo A. “Acoustic Radiation Prediction of a Compressor Housing from Three-Dimensional Experimental Spatial Dynamics Modeling,” Applied Acoustics 47 2 165 185 1996
- Srinivas, M.N. Padmanabhan, Chandramouli “Computationally efficient model for refrigeration compressor gas dynamics,” International Journal of Refrigeration 25 2002 1083 1092
- Huihua, Feng Zhengxing, Zuo Ridong, Liao “Outer Sound Field Simulation of a Diesel Engine based on Coupled BEM/FEM Method,” Transaction of CSICE 22 2 155 161 2004
- Tournour, M. Dessart, S. McCulloch, C. “One the Accuracy of Vibro-acoustic Solutions Using the ATV Method,” Proceedings of the ISMA2002 Leuven, Belgium 16 18 September 2002
- Bies, D. Hansen, C.H. 2003 Engineering Noise Control 3nd New York E&FNSPON 287