This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Properties of a Newly Developed Galvannealed Steel Sheet with Modified Surface
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 12, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Since galvannealed steel sheets (GA) are widely used for automobile body parts, they require excellent features such as press formability, resistant spot weldability and phosphatability. We have focused on improving the press formability of GA since the late 1990s, and have developed a new type of surface modified GA which has a lower friction coefficient than conventional GA. The developed surface modified GA based on mild steel is now used by all automakers in Japan, especially for those parts such as side panels that are difficult to form. This paper describes the features of the surface modified GA.
|Journal Article||Fracture Modeling of AHSS in Component Crush Tests|
|Journal Article||Tensile Deformation and Fracture of TRIP590 Steel from Digital Image Correlation|
|Technical Paper||Analysis of Methods for Determining Sheared Edge Formability|
CitationHoshino, K., Taira, S., Yoshimi, N., Yamasaki, Y. et al., "Properties of a Newly Developed Galvannealed Steel Sheet with Modified Surface," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-1056, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-1056.
- Bowden, F. P. Tabor, D. “The Friction and Lubrication of Solids,” Oxford 1954 Maruzen, M. Soda 1961 131
- Numakura, Y. Nakayama, N. Yamada, M. Fukada, A. Konda, S. “Improvement on Formability of Galvannealed Steel Sheets with Fe rich-Zn Alloy Electrocoated Uppermost Layer,” SAE Technical Paper 900509 1990 10.4271/900509
- Chou, Kuo-Chin “Performance of prephosphated galvanneal steel sheet,” Galvatech'95 Chicago, IL, USA 1995 269
- Sakurai, M. Yamasaki, Y. Hashimoto, S. Inoue, S. Hiraya, A. Urakawa, T. Inagaki, J. “Properties of a Newly Developed Galvannealed Steel Sheet with Ni-base Inorganic Lubricant Film,” Galvatech'98 Chiba, Japan ISIJ 1998 620
- Yoshimi, N. Masuoka, H. Taira, S. Imokawa, T. Nagoshi, M. Yamasaki, Y. Sugimoto, Y. Fujita, S. “Properties of a Newly Developed Galvannealed Steel Sheet with Modified Surface,” Galvatech'07 Osaka, Japan ISIJ 2007 620
- Inagaki, J. Nakamura, S. Yoshida, M. Nishimoto, A. “The Peeling-off Resistance of Zinc and Iron-Zinc Coated Steel Sheets in Stamping,” SAE Technical Paper 890349 1989 10.4271/890349