This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Controlling Methods Study on Damping Force of Hydraulic Electromagnetic Energy-Regenerative Absorber
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 12, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper proposes a design of a new shock absorber with combined mechanical- electromagnetic- hydraulic structure, and expounds its working principles. This new type of absorber can recycle the vibration energy and transform it into electrical energy for use. However, in its working process, the damping force in extension stroke is always smaller than that in compression stroke, which is determined by the inner structure, while in traditional absorbers, it is just the opposite. This does not meet the practical demands. Directing at this problem, the paper puts out a way to make real-time adjustment to the damping force by controlling the generator load, and tests the feasibility with a simulation model built with AMESim. The test result reveals that the method is feasible. This contributes a lot to the future further research on active control.
CitationXu, L., "Controlling Methods Study on Damping Force of Hydraulic Electromagnetic Energy-Regenerative Absorber," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0761, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-0761.
- Wendel, G. Steiber, J. Stecklein, G. “Regenerative Active Suspension on Rough Terrain Vehicles,” SAE Technical Paper 940984 1994 10.4271/940984
- Shian, CHEN Ren, HE Senlin, LU “NEW RECLAIMING ENERGY SUSPENSION AND ITS WORKING PRINCIPLE” Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering 2007 11 13 11 177 182
- Weeks, D. Bresie, D. Beno, J. Guenin, A. “The Design of an Electromagnetic Linear Actuator for an Active Suspension,” SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-0730 1999 10.4271/1999-01-0730
- Suda, Y Shiba, T “Study on Vibration Control with Energy Regenerative System” Proc of the 6th Symposium on Electromagnetics and Dynamics.JSME, No.940-26 1994
- Suda, Y Shiba, T “A New Hybrid Suspension System with Active Control and Energy Regeneration” 14th IAVSD Symposium on The Dynamic of Vehicles on Roads and Tracks 1995
- Fodor, M G Redfield, R “The Variable Linear Transmission for Regenerative Damping in Vehicle Suspension Control” Vehicle System Dynamics 22 1993