This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Virtual Development Process of the Integrated Safety System for the Frontal Crash
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 12, 2011 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In recent years, products that make use of integrated safety that use the environmental data to optimize occupant restraints have been on the market. Pre-safe system in the integrated safety category is an adaptive and smart protection system that utilizes the occupant information and the monitoring information on the accident prediction.
These pre-safe systems need the proper algorithm corresponding to the crash scenario for the crash unavoidable state. Due to the crash scenario categories for the real world accidents is quite various, the development of the algorithm and the occupant protection system to reduce the injury is quite complex and costly. For this reason, a development process for pre-safe related integrated safety systems demands new tools based on the biomechanics to help design and assessment.
The virtual development and assessment process with a viewpoint on the efficiency of the restraint development has been developed. The real time controlled restraint system (MADYMO-SIMULINK Coupling) is adapted for support this process. The virtual development process with real time controlled restraint system offers an optimized guide line in terms of injury reduction over various crash scenarios. With this virtual development process, definition of the proper restraint characteristics and the algorithm for the various crash scenarios can be achieved more easily and fast.
The effectiveness of this process is evaluated and the obtained restraint characteristics will be used as a basis to define the appropriate integrated safety features and the performance criteria.
CitationLee, J., Lee, K., and Ahn, B., "Virtual Development Process of the Integrated Safety System for the Frontal Crash," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0021, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-0021.
- Hanna, W.B. Widmann, G.R. “A Strategy to Partition Crash Data to Define Active-Safety Sensors and Product Solutions,” SAE Technical Paper 2008-21-0032 2008 10.4271/2008-21-0032
- Tobata, H. Takagi, H. Pal, C. Fukuda, S. “Development of Pre-Crash Active Seatbelt System for Real World Safety” 18th International Conference on Enhanced Safety of Vehicles, Paper 189 2003
- Tsuchida, J. Tokoro, H.F. Usami, M. “The Advanced Sensor Fusion Algorithm for Pre-Crash Safety System,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0402 2007 10.4271/2007-01-0402
- Fujita, K. Fujinami, H. Morizumi, K. Enomoto, T. Kachu, R. Kato, H. “Development of Pre-Crash Safety System” Paper 544, 18th Conference on Enhanced Safety of Vehicles 2003
- Sukegawa, Yoshihiro Ito, Hisao Zama, Yoshio Ejima, Susumu “Development of pre-crash sled to evaluate pre-crash safety technology” JSAE Technical Paper 98-20105217 2010