This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A GTEM Design for EMC-EMI/EMS Pre-Compliance Tests on Automotive Electronic Boards
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This work describes the design and simulation of a GTEM - Gigahertz Transverse Electromagnetic chamber. The GTEM is intended to be used for EMC-EMI/EMS pre-compliance tests on automotive electronic boards and integrated circuits. The physical conception chamber is shown for a range from 500 MHz - 18 GHz. As a crucial step in the design, the APEX (match between RF excitation and the body of the chamber) is minutely shown. The structure designed has significant advantages over the conventional available, mainly in economic terms and on the operational frequency range.
|Technical Paper||Implementation of EMC Testing of Automotive Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||Fast EMC Emission Measurements in Time Domain|
|Technical Paper||The Implications of the European Automotive EMC Directive|
CitationAraujo, H. and Kretly, L., "A GTEM Design for EMC-EMI/EMS Pre-Compliance Tests on Automotive Electronic Boards," SAE Technical Paper 2010-36-0475, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-36-0475.
- Montrose, M. I. Nakauchi, E. M. “Testing for EMC Compliance,” IEEE Electromagnetic Compatibility Society 2004
- Dhia, S. B. Ramdani, M. Sicard, E. Electromagnetic Compatibility of Integrated Circuits: Techniques for Low Emission and Susceptibility Springer Science 2006
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Part 4: Testing and Measurement Techniques - Section 3: Radiated, Radio-Frequency, Electromagnetic Field Immunity Test International Standard CEI/IEC 1000-4-3 Geneva Feb. 1995
- Konigstein, D. Hansen, D. “A New Family of TEM-cells with Enlarged Bandwidth and Optimized Working Volume,” Proceedings of the 7th International Zurich Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility Zurich March 1987 127 130
- Yamashita, E. Atsuki, K. “Strip Line with Rectangular outer conductor and three dielectric layers,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques 18 5 may 1970
- Icheln, C. “The Construction and Application of a GTEM Cell” Hamburg - Germany 1995
- Mur, G. “The Finite Element Modeling of Three dimensional Electromagnetic Field using Edge and Nodal Elements,” IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation 41 221 226 Feb. 1993