This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Friction Torque Parameters Evaluation Applying Design of Experiments Methodology
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Each year more strict laws and regulations concern the environmental impact of green house gases of general vehicles. Hence, any step taken towards a systemic efficiency increase of internal combustion engines and power-trains revels great a deal of emission reduction downstream the fuel consumption chain. Most of such mechanical systems depend on friction reduction elements, such as special low-friction coats and rolling element bearings, even so there is still some power loss on these components. In order to reduce such losses due to friction, in other words increasing the component's efficiency, this work applies the Design of Experiments -DoE methodology along with the frictional torque simulation in an automotive application to asses the effects of the variables and its interactions involved in the friction torque theory. For simulation studies a Response Surface Design is generated and Box-Behnken Design is carried out. Based on the results an optimal level of factors is found for the friction torque reduction.
Citationde Freitas, T. and Nonato, F., "Friction Torque Parameters Evaluation Applying Design of Experiments Methodology," SAE Technical Paper 2010-36-0391, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-36-0391.
- Harris, T. A. Kotzalas, M. N. Advanced Concepts of Bearing Technology CRC Press 2007 0-8493-7182-1
- Harris, T. A. Kotzalas, M. N. Essential Concepts of Bearing Technology CRC Press 2007 0-8493-7183-0
- Palmgren, A. Lundberg, G. Dynamic Capacity of Rolling Bearings Acta Polytech Mech. Eng. Ser. 1, Roy. Swed. Acad. Eng. 1947
- Lange, A. Herleitung einer Berechnungsvorschrift für den Reibkoeffizienten, die Gültigkeit für Festkörperreibung, Mischreibung und EHL-Reibung besitzt INA-Schaeffler KG, intern report 2006
- FAG, OEM Handel, AG Rolling Bearing Lubrication Tech. Publication, no. WL81 115/4 EA Schweinfurt 1997
- Nonato, F. Cavalca, K.L. “The Influence of the Elliptic Ratio on Elastohydrodynamically Lubricated Point Contacts,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-36-0058 2009 10.4271/2009-36-0058
- Sacks, Jerome Welch, W.J. Mitchell, T.J. Wynn, H.P. Design and Analysis of Computer Experiments Statistical Science 4 409 435
- Montgomery, Douglas C. Design and analysis of experiments Wiley 2009