This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulating and Correlation of Vehicle Startability on Grade Maneuvers
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2010 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The behavior knowledge of the vehicle on uphill maneuvers - startability on grade, is an important metric for sizing powertrain components, such as the engine torque, clutch, first and reverse gear ratios, final drive and tire sizes. During the uphill maneuver, all components of the powertrain are subject to efforts that determine the vehicle performance in this condition. The analysis of this maneuver, for a front-wheel-drive vehicle, is evaluated in this article, through a correlation of a computer program developed in Matlab-Simulink, with experimental measurements performed on the vehicle at the track, becoming an important tool for analysis of passenger vehicles subject to these conditions present on Brazilian streets.
|Technical Paper||NVH Considerations to Make Modern Diesel Engines an Attractive Alternative for SUV Powertrains|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||RADIATOR DETERMINATION|
|Technical Paper||Top Fuel Dragster Powertrain Modelling|
CitationJunior, J., "Simulating and Correlation of Vehicle Startability on Grade Maneuvers," SAE Technical Paper 2010-36-0325, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-36-0325.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- WIKIPEDIA The Free Encyclopedia Wikipedia The Free Encyclopedia Web Site 2010 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_layout 15 Abril 2010
- CANALE, A. C. Automobilística Dinâmica e Desempenho CANALE, A. C. Automobilística Dinâmica e Desempenho São Paulo Livros Érica Editora LTDA 1989 17 20 31 35
- Stone, R. Ball, J.K. “Automotive Engineering Fundamentals,” SAE International Warrendale, PA 978-0-7680-0987-3 2004
- GARCIA, O. BRUNETTI, F. Motores de Combustão Interna GARCIA, O. BRUNETTI, F. Motores de Combustão Interna 2nd São Paulo 1992 1 7 32 38 82 91 106 111
- HEYWOOD, J. B. Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals HEYWOOD, J. B. Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals 1988 XVII 9 11 42 51
- Shaver, F.R. “Manual Transmission Clutch Systems,” SAE International Warrendale, PA 978-1-56091-984-1 1997
- ZF SACHS Fundamentos da Embreagem Automotiva 2010 4
- DREXL, H. J. Motor Vehicle Clutches - Function and Design DREXL, H. J. Motor Vehicle Clutches - Function and Design Edição, Segunda Landsberg/Lech Verl. Moderne Industrie 1998 4 8 22 24
- Gillespie, T.D. “Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics,” SAE International Warrendale, PA 978-1-56091-199-9 1992
- PASIANOT, E. São Paulo Grades São Paulo 2006
- ARGACHOY, C. Transmissão I: Sistema de Embreagem Caixa de Transmissão ARGACHOY, C. Transmissão I: Sistema de Embreagem Caixa de Transmissão 2004 1 25