This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Criteria for Selection of Vehicle Electrical Architectures for Emerging Markets
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The purpose of this study is to establish the criteria of election of an electrical architecture tailor-made for the emerging markets, to be applied during the whole vehicle's lifecycle.
A literature review about related subjects as the meaning of "electrical architecture," its techniques, criteria and methodologies of development, and the definitions of emerging and developed markets is also presented.
Based on the bibliographical research, documentary analysis and unstructured interviews with active members of the automotive industry, the criteria for election of electrical architectures for emerging markets was established, as well as their describers and swing-weights, required by the use of the additive aggregation method - a multi-criteria decision taking method.
The criteria were applied in two case studies of automotive industry: the developments of a low-cost hatch vehicle and a mid-size luxury sedan vehicle, both designed for emerging markets.
By the study of cases, it was possible to compare solutions of architectures adopted in the past, in the present and for a near future, for developed and emerging markets, and validate the use of the adopted criteria.
CitationDal Poggetto, G. and Moscato, L., "Criteria for Selection of Vehicle Electrical Architectures for Emerging Markets," SAE Technical Paper 2010-36-0069, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-36-0069.
- MAIER, M. W. e RECHTIN, E. The art of systems architecting 2a Boca Raton CRC Press 2000 344 0849304407
- Rushton, G. Merchant, V. “Vehicle Electrical/Electronic System Design Considerations,” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0131 2000 10.4271/2000-01-0131
- Reichart, G. Haneberg, M. “Key Drivers for a Future System Architecture in Vehicles,” SAE Technical Paper 2004-21-0025 2004 10.4271/2004-21-0025
- FERREIRA, C. S. Diretrizes para a definição de estratégias para o desenvolvimento de veículos globais Escola Politécnica da USP São Paulo 2007 159
- LEEN, G. HEFFERNAN, D. Expanding automotive electronic systems Computer: IEEE Computer Society Jan 2002 35 1 88 93
- MILLER, J. M. et al. Current status and future trends in more electric car power systems Dearborn IEEE 1999 5
- Abowd, P. Rushton, G. “Extensible and Upgradeable Vehicle Electrical, Electronic, and Software Architectures,” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0878 2002 10.4271/2002-01-0878
- Bierzynski, R. Jackson, B. “OEM Reuse Expectations and Implications for New Automotive Electronic Systems,” SAE Technical Paper 2004-21-0013 2004 10.4271/2004-21-0013
- Reilhac, P. Bavoux, B. “Vehicle E/E Architecture: A New Paradigm for Collaborative Product Creation? A Case Study,” SAE Technical Paper 2002-21-0006 2002 10.4271/2002-21-0006
- Ling, J. Wang, J. “Mega Trends of Automotive Industry and Evolution of Reliability Engineering,” SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1539 2004 10.4271/2004-01-1539
- Emaus, B. “Current Vehicle Network Architecture Trends,” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0146 2000 10.4271/2000-01-0146
- Morgan Stanley Capital International MSCI Emerging Markets Index MSCI-Barra 11 Novembro 2008 http://www.mscibarra.com/products/indices/licd/em.html
- BURSA, M. Low-cost cars: opportunities and challenges Bromsgrove Aroq Limited 2008 38
- ENSSLIN, L. MONTIBELLER, G. and NORONHA, S. M. Apoio à decisão: metodologias para estruturação de problemas e avaliação multicritério de alternativas. Florianópolis: Insular, 2001 Florianópolis Insular 2001 296
- POGGETTO, G. D. Critérios para Seleção da Arquitetura Elétrica Veicular em Mercados Emergentes Escola Politécnica da USP São Paulo 2009 195
- SANTOS, F. B. Uma contribuição para a avaliação das novas tecnologias e arquiteturas para o sistema elétrico automotivo Escola Politécnica da USP São Paulo 2005 188
- DATAMONITOR New cars: Global industry guide New York Datamonitor 2008