This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Model Based Testing Applied to In-house Embedded Software Development
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 19, 2010 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasets
Event: SAE Convergence 2010
The use of electronics in automobiles has increased over time. Today, the vehicle is a complex network of systems made by electronic control units, with different purpose. To manage this complex Software Systems Engineering task, Fiat Group Automobiles (FGA) formed a Software Factory Team within the Electronics Architecture Group. The team goal is to design, develop and test Software Component Module following AUTOSAR consortium guidelines. To manage all phases, SPICE standard level 2 is implemented.
The team is formed by software engineers, which design C-CODE and test engineers which develop test cases. There are two principal activities of testing: design, execute test case and analyze the results. If the results are negative, deviation must be reported and followed up.
All activities are Model Based Design centered: this allows to predict general behaviour of the system, accelerate design cycle, reuse of test cases and it permits greater flexibility. This tecnique also helps to guarantee a good interaction between software design and software integration, in order to find out errors and bugs due to the interaction between software components.
|Technical Paper||Cost/Design Performance Management|
|Technical Paper||Development Tools for Automotive Embedded Software|
|Technical Paper||Model-based Testing of Embedded Automotive Software Using Mtest|
CitationCavallaro, M. and Marino, A., "Model Based Testing Applied to In-house Embedded Software Development," SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-2326, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-2326.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Broy, Manfred, Challenges in Automotive Software Engineering in Proceedings of the 28th international conference on Software engineering Shanghai, China, pages 33 - 42 Year of Publication: 2006
- Charette, Robert N., This car runs on code, IEEE Spectrum magazine, February 2009
- Simon Fürst AUTOSAR - An open standardized software architecture for the automotive industry. 1st AUTOSAR Open Conference & 8th AUTOSAR Premium Member Conference October 23rd, 2008, Cobo Center, Detroit, MI, USA
- Official web www.dspaceinc.com
- Neema, S., Bapty, T., Scott, J., and Eames, B.. Signal processing platform: a tool chain for designing high performance signal processing applications. Proceedings of SoutheastCon, pages 302-307, April 2005
- Langenwalter, J., Embedded automotive system development process - steer-by-wire system. Proceedings of Design, Automation and Test in Europe, pages 1:538 - 539, 2005
- Official web site http://www.isospice.com
- Fournier, L., Arbetman, Y., and Levinger, M.. Functional verification methodology for microprocessors using the Genesys test-program generator. In Proceedings of the 1999 Design, Automation and Test in Europe Conference (DATE), pages 434-441, March 1999