This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Analysis for Bolt Stress of Crank Pulley in a Diesel Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 05, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A torsional damper is attached to a crankshaft to control the torsional vibration of the crankshaft system. However, the damper, which has a rubber part in between a damper mass and a damper hub, possesses a three-dimensional inertia moment and an inertia mass that could excite the crankshaft system. This paper discusses the generating mechanisms of the bending strain on the bolt to fasten the damper hub to the crankshaft, from the measured bolt strains and the measured behavior of the damper mass and the damper hub under the engine operating conditions.
CitationKimura, J., Kidokoro, M., and Kobayashi, S., "Experimental Analysis for Bolt Stress of Crank Pulley in a Diesel Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1983, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-1983.
- Maetani, Y. Niikura, T. Suzuki, S. Arai, S. et al. “Analysis and Reduction of Engine Front Noise Induced by the Vibration of the Crankshaft System,” SAE Technical Paper 931336 1993 10.4271/931336
- Morita, T. Tsuna, Y. Okada, A. “Influence of Dynamic Damper Pulley Design on Engine Front Noise,” SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1419 2001 10.4271/2001-01-1419
- Walther, V. Leidich, E. “Design and Dimensioning of Centrally Fastened, Friction-locked Connections in Auxiliary Drive Assemblies,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-32-0063 2007 10.4271/2007-32-0063
- Kim, B. Kim, Y. Chun, D.-M. Ahn, S.-H. et al. “Fatigue Life Analysis of Automotive V-belt Pulley,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3729 2007 10.4271/2007-01-3729
- Den Hartog, J. P. “Mechanical vibrations” McGraw-Hill 1984 261
- Ochiai, K. Nakano, M. “Relation Between Crankshaft Torsional Vibration and Engine Noise,” SAE Technical Paper 790365 1979 10.4271/790365
- Den Hartog, J. P. “Mechanical vibrations” McGraw-Hill 1984 247
- Kimura, J. Shiono, K. Okamura, H. Sogabe, K. “Experiments and Analysis of Crankshaft Three-Dimensional Vibrations and Bending Stresses in a V-Type Ten-Cylinder Engine: Influence of Crankshaft Gyroscopic Motions,” SAE Technical Paper 971995 1997 10.4271/971995
- Kimura, Jouji Takayama, Katsukimi “Analysis for Strain on Torsional Damper Rubber and Torsional Vibration on Crankshaft for a Diesel Engine” ASME paper ICEF2004-808 2004