This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Characteristic Evaluation and Improvement of Suspension Rattle Noise
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 12, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The purpose of this paper is to identify and reduce the suspension rattle noise. First, the characteristics of the rattle noise are analyzed experimentally in the time and frequency domain. It was found that the rattle noise and vibration at shock absorber mounting point are strongly correlated. Second, the sensitivity analysis of design parameters is performed using a half car model in ADAMS. The result of the simulation model is verified by comparison with test. Finally, the influence of design parameters for the rattle noise is investigated. The study shows that the shock absorber mounting bushing is the most sensitive parameter to affect the suspension rattle noise. This paper shows how the suspension rattle noise can be improved.
|Journal Article||Definition and Application of a Standard Verification and Validation Process for Dynamic Vehicle Simulation Models|
|Technical Paper||Noise Measurements and Characterization of Automotive Dampers|
CitationPark, Y., Kim, H., Joo, K., and Jeon, N., "Characteristic Evaluation and Improvement of Suspension Rattle Noise," SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1141, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-1141.
- Morinaga, H. Kubota, M. Kume, H. “Mechanism Analysis of Shock Absorber Rattling Noise” Toyota Technical Review 47 1 1997
- Kruse, A. “NVH Improvement of Car Suspension using Transfer Path and Running Mode Analysis,” SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0485 2006
- Cheng-guo, W. Lixin, Q. Jin-zhao, L. Wen-zhang, Z. “A New Shock Absorber Model with an Application in Vehicle Dynamics Studies,” SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-3411 2003
- Duym, S.W. Stiens, R. Baron, G.V. Reybrouck, K.G. “Physical Modeling of the Hysteretic Behaviour of Automotive Shock Absorbers,” SAE Technical Paper 970101 1997
- Canudas de Wit, C. Olsson, H Åström, K. J. Lischinsky, P. “A New Model for Control of Systems with Friction” IEEE Trans. Automatic Control 40 3 1995