This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hexavalent chromium determination on anti-corrosion zinc based coatings
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This work aims to study methodologies used to quantitatively dose the hexavalent chromium content in zinc plated passivation, due to the necessity imposed by the European Directive 2000/53/CE to control the specimen's presence in automotive applications. The known methodology, by means of reaction with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide in aqueous solutions, gives good results. Nevertheless, its application imposes the construction of a reliable methodology for the chromium VI extraction from the treated surface, challenge up to now not overcome. It was studied the kinetics of warmed aqueous extraction of the hexavalente chromium present in the passivation, besides the smooth alkali and acid digestions proposed in this work.
|Technical Paper||Decorative Plating of Aluminum for Car and Truck Exterior Component Parts|
|Technical Paper||Joining Aluminum to Stainless Steel for Space Vehicle Applications|
|Technical Paper||Resistance Welding Aluminum for Automotive Production|
Citationde Souza, J., Fonseca, W., and Nascimento, S., "Hexavalent chromium determination on anti-corrosion zinc based coatings," SAE Technical Paper 2009-36-0087, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-36-0087.
- PARLIAMENT EUROPEAN Off. J. Eur. Un. 2000 L269 34
- PROCTOR, N.H. HUGHES, M.D. FISCHMAN, M.L.; Chemical Hazards of the workplace 2nd ed. Van Nostrand Reinhold Nova York 1978
- WILLIAMS, P. BURSON, J.L.; Industrial Toxicology, Safety and health applications in the workplace Van Nostrand Reinhold Nova York 1978
- ANFAVEA Anuário da indústria automobilística brasileira — 2007 Ipsis Gráfica e Editora São Paulo 2007
- GENTIL, V. Corrosão 3rd ed. Editora LTC Rio de Janeiro 1996
- FURTADO, P. Introdução à corrosão e proteção das superfícies metálicas Imprensa universitária da UFMG Belo Horizonte 1981
- HÜLSER, P. AESF Continuous Steel Strip Symposium Cleveland, EUA 2002
- http://www.inmetro.gov.br/kits/doqcgcre008r01.pdf 2007
- GARDNER M. COMBER S. The Analisty 2002 127 153