This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation and Experimental Study of Torque Vectoring on Vehicle Handling and Stability
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 13, 2009 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
This paper discusses the effect of torque vectoring differential on improving vehicle handling and stability performance. The torque vectoring concept has been analyzed. The vehicle discussed in this paper is an AWD vehicle with torque vectoring differential in the rear and a torque biasing center differential. First, simulation results with vehicle model in CarSim® and torque vectoring control algorithm in Matlab®/Simulink® is discussed. Then, experimental results for vehicle tested at winter and summer test facility is presented. Both simulation and experimental results demonstrate the effectiveness of torque vectoring differential on vehicle handling & stability.
CitationKumar, R., Suda, B., Karande, S., Piyabongkarn, D. et al., "Simulation and Experimental Study of Torque Vectoring on Vehicle Handling and Stability," SAE Technical Paper 2009-28-0062, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-28-0062.
- Ross Craig S. Carey Clinton E. Schanz Todd Gaffney Edmund. F. III Catalano Michael “Development of an Electronically-Controlled, Limited-Slip Differential (eLSD) for FWD Applications,” SAE Paper No. 2007-01-0925
- Damrongrit Piyabongkarn Rajesh Rajamani Lew Jae Y. Hai Yu “On the Use of Torque-Biasing Device for Vehicle Stability Control,” 2006 American Control Conference Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- Ushiroda Y. Sawase K. Takahashi N. Suzuki K. Manabe K. “Development of Super AYC,” Technical Review 15 2003
- Wheals Jonathan C. Baker Hanna Ramsey Keith Turner Will “Torque Vectoring AWD Driveline: Design, Simulation, Capabilities and Control,” SAE Paper No. 2004-01-0863
- Gillespie, T.D. “Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics,” 1-56091-199-9 SAE 1992
- Passenger cars-Test track for a severe lane-change manoeuvre - Parti: Double lane-change
- Passenger cars-Test track for a severe lane-change manoeuvre - Part2: Obstacle avoidance