This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
ABS/ESP ECU Testing with Sophisticated HIL Simulation Methods
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 21, 2009 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Event: SIAT 2009
Taking ABS/ESP as an example, the paper will show different configurations of Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) test systems, namely the ABS/ESP ECU HIL and the brake system HIL. The HIL simulation will be demonstrated with the vehicle dynamics simulation environment CarMaker. CarMaker maps realistically all subcomponents of the vehicle like suspension, steering, braking, tires, masses and aerodynamics. Using it, longitudinal, lateral and vertical dynamic scenarios can be simulated with sophisticated driver, traffic and 3D road models in a full test automation process. Functions, failures, failsafe methods, security functions and the performance of the control systems can be analyzed and evaluated comprehensively. This will be illustrated with concrete simulation examples with different vehicle/engine options, equipment levels, tire conditions and changing environmental conditions (road conditions, cross wind).
|Technical Paper||Analysis of ABS/ESP Control Logics Using a HIL Test Bench|
|Technical Paper||Vehicle Modeling for Dynamics Analysis Based on a New Hybrid Algorithm|
|Technical Paper||Simulation of the Ford Vehicle Speed Control System|
CitationWitter, H., Heiden, M., and Talwar, K., "ABS/ESP ECU Testing with Sophisticated HIL Simulation Methods," SAE Technical Paper 2009-26-0079, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-26-0079.
- Riedel, A., “Die Straβe ins Labor Geholt”, Auto and Elektronik,2-2000, April 2000
- Goroncy Jürgen, “Black Ice in the Summer”, Automobil-Industrie 3/2001
- “Virtual Test Driving”, Vehicle Dynamics International, issue 2 2004
- Joseph A. Jurasic “Intelligent Testing for Intelligent Vehicles”, Mira - New Technology 2004 Holzmann, H.; Hahn, K.-M.; Kochen, M.; Klein-Ridder, B. “Virtual Test Driving at General Motors” ATZ elekronik 01/2008
- “Virtual Application”. AutoTechnology 06/2007