This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Structural Improvement for the Crash Safety of Commercial Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Statistic analysis on commercial vehicle crash accidents in China were done by using the annual traffic accident reports from Ministry of Public Security. The Chinese crash safety rules on commercial vehicle were introduced. The main reasons which cause severe injury to the passenger in the cab in frontal crash accidents were studied. HYPERMESH software was used to do the finite element modelling of the frontal structure and cab of a production truck. The swing hammer impact simulation was conducted by using LS-DYNA software and the results were compared with the test results to validate the model. A new supporting structure for the cab to improve the safety of the passenger in cab was proposed. Meanwhile, an extendable and retractable longitudinal beam energy absorbing structure was also studied by using the finite element model. The simulation results show that these structures can obviously improve the frontal crash safety of the commercial vehicle.
- Libo Cao - The State Key Laboratory of Advanced Design and Manufacturing for Vehicle Body
- Zhonghao Bai - The State Key Laboratory of Advanced Design and Manufacturing for Vehicle Body
- Jun Wu - The State Key Laboratory of Advanced Design and Manufacturing for Vehicle Body
- Chongzhen Cui - The State Key Laboratory of Advanced Design and Manufacturing for Vehicle Body
- Zhenfeng Niu - The State Key Laboratory of Advanced Design and Manufacturing for Vehicle Body
CitationCao, L., Bai, Z., Wu, J., Cui, C. et al., "Structural Improvement for the Crash Safety of Commercial Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2917, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2917.
- The Ministry of Public Security Traffic Administration 2007 The 2006 Annals of Statistics from Road Traffic Accidents in People's Republic of China Traffic Management Research Institute of the Ministry of Public Security Wu Xi
- Sanhong Li Konghui Guo et al. Frontal Pendulum Impact Test and Computer Simulation of Commercial Vehicles China Mechanical Engineering 2005 16 23
- Youping Zhao Study and Application of Computer Simulation Technology of Commercial Vehicle Crash HuaZhong University of science and technology 2005
- Raich Horst et al. Safety Analysis of the New Actros Megaspace Cabin According to ECE-R29/02 4th European LS-DYNA Users Conference
- Mingfu Tang Libo Cao et al. Crash Accident Discriminant System Based on the Brake Acceleration Integral The Sixth International Forum of Automotive Traffic Safety Xiamen
- Cao Libo Bai Zhonghao et al. Crash energy absorption equipment combines active and passive safety ICRASH 2006, July 4-6 2006 Athens, Greece