This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Reconstruction of a Vibration Field from Acoustical Measurements: A New Inverse Method Based on the Concept of Pellicular Acoustic Modes
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 19, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes a new approach for performing indirect vibration measurements using acoustic measurements and an inverse calculation procedure based on a finite element model and a new type of hierarchical basis (so-called pellicular modes) for representing the unknown vibration field.
The paper first presents the theory of the method. A parametric study on a simple test case then highlights the effect of the number of microphones and of the background noise level on the quality of the reconstruction of the vibration pattern. The application to a real set of acoustic data on a section of an ATR regional aircraft is then provided.
|Technical Paper||Design and Performance of the Acoustic Technology Center at E-A-R™|
|Technical Paper||Automotive Engines-A Viable Alternative for Aircraft|
|Technical Paper||Improving SEA Predictions with Experimental Data|
CitationLielens, G., Van Antwerpen, B., and Migeot, J., "Reconstruction of a Vibration Field from Acoustical Measurements: A New Inverse Method Based on the Concept of Pellicular Acoustic Modes," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2209, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2209.
- Gábor D., Microscopy by reconstructed waveforms, Proc.Roy.Soc., Ser.A., Vol.197, pp.454sqq, 1949.
- Müller R.K., Acoustic holography, Proc. IEEE, Vol.59, pp.1319sqq, 1971
- Maynard J.D., Williams E.G., Lee Y. Near-field acoustic holography (NAH): I. Theory of generalized holography and the development of NAH, J.Ac.Soc.Am., Vol.78, N°4, pp.1395sqq, 1985.
- Veronesi W.A., Maynard J.D. Near-field acoustic holography (NAH): II. Holographic reconstruction algorithms and computer implementation, J.Ac.Soc.Am., Vol.81, N°5, pp.1307sqq, 1987.
- Hald J. STSF - A unique technique for scan-based near-field acoustic holography without restriction on coherence, Bruël&Kjaer Technical Review, N°1, pp.1sqq, 1989.
- Tikhonov A.N. Solution of incorrectly formulated problems and the regularization method, Doklady Akad.Nauk. SSSR, Vol.151, pp.501sqq, 1963.
- Augusztinovicz F., Tournour M., Reconstruction of source strength distribution by inverting the boundary element method, in Boundary Elements in Acoustics, von Estorff O. ed., WIT Press, 2000.
- Astley R.J., Macaulay G.J., Coyette J.P., Cremers L., Three-dimensional wave-envelope elements of variable order for acoustic radiation and scattering. Part I: formulation in the frequency domain. J.Acoust.Soc.Am., Vol.103, pp.49sqq, 1998