This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simple Test Method for Squeak & Rattle Evaluation of Door Trim by Using Statically Repeated Loading Robot Arm
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 19, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Recently, major car maker is specified squeak and rattle test method for subsystems or components by objective method. Generally these test method is focused on vibration environmental conditions. Especially, door trim which is located close to occupant is required additional test for squeak and rattle which is produced by occupant's interaction with door trim. To evaluate this condition, generally it can be tested by subjective method such as striking or pushing and twisting several positions of door trim. Dosing so is very time consuming and including variation results as different decisions.
So, this paper suggest a new approach for evaluating squeak and rattle which is relating occupant contacting conditions to interior part, especially interior door trim. Multi-axis robot arm is examined to push automatically several points of door trim. Subjective response index for noise is checked at each point and compared with objective values which are evaluated by acceleration level of vibration. Results on subjective and objective method show that they have similar trend at each test point and is thus to adapt to new test method.
- Hyunchul Lee - R&D Center of HANIL E-HWA Corporation
- Hyunmin Park - R&D Center of HANIL E-HWA Corporation
- Hyunghyun Na - R&D Center of HANIL E-HWA Corporation
- Jongsoo Kim - R&D Center of HANIL E-HWA Corporation
- Ohhwan Jeon - R&D Center of HANIL E-HWA Corporation
- Ikkeun Jang - R&D Center of HANIL E-HWA Corporation
CitationLee, H., Park, H., Na, H., Kim, J. et al., "Simple Test Method for Squeak & Rattle Evaluation of Door Trim by Using Statically Repeated Loading Robot Arm," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2112, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2112.
- Padilha Paulo Eduardo franca Nunes Alexandre “A Brief Survey on Squeak & Rattle Evaluation Techniques at General Motors do Brasil” SAE Paper No. 2002-01-3489
- Peterson Edward L. “Using Rumble Strips For Buzz, Squeak and Rattle (BSR)Evaluation Of Subsystems or Components” SAE Paper No. 2007-01-2267
- Su Hong “Vibration Test Specification for Automotive Products Based on Measured Vehicle Load Data” SAE Paper No. 2006-01-0729
- Beniwal Ravinder Wu Sean F. “System Level Noise Source Identification and Diagnostics on a vehicle Door Module,” SAE Noise and vibration Conference, SAE Paper No. 2007-01-2280