This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Reciprocal Transfer Functions Synthesis Method for Rolling Noise and NVH Floor Treatment Investigations
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 19, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to characterize the noise filtering performance of a vehicle with respect to both structure- and airborne transfer paths, a reciprocal transfer functions synthesis method is proposed. Simple, timesaving and repeatable, the procedure is an interesting alternative to the direct measurement.
As part of the Vehicle Benchmarking acoustic expertise, the reciprocal transfer function synthesis method is well appropriate to rank different vehicles according to their sound attenuating performances, or to characterize the effectiveness of an acoustic package. As an application example, a sensitivity analysis of the rolling noise transmission with respect to the floor treatment of a vehicle is presented.
CitationGrébert, J. and Mazzarella, L., "Reciprocal Transfer Functions Synthesis Method for Rolling Noise and NVH Floor Treatment Investigations," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2088, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2088.
- Sottek, R. Sellerbeck, P. Klemenz, M. An artificial head which speaks from its ears: Investigations on reciprocal transfer path analysis in vehicles using a binaural sound source, SAE Conference, 2003-01-1635, 2003
- van der Linden, P.J.G. Proost, G. Nijs, G. On efficient reciprocal measurement of vehicle body airborne isolation and vibro-acoustic transfer behavior, ISMA Conference, XXV06, 2002
- Ten Wolde, T. Institute of Applied Physics TNO-TH, On the validity and application of reciprocity in acoustical, mechano-acoustical and other dynamical systems, Acustica Vol. 28, 1973
- Fahy, F.J. Some applications of the reciprocity principle in experimental vibroacoustics, Acoustical Physics Vol. 49 N°2, 2003
- Junger, M.C. Feit, D. Sound, structures and their interaction, Acoustical Society of America, 1993
- van der Linden, P.J.G. Wyckaert, K. Module target setting and substructuring for vehicle NVH development, ISMA Conference, XXVII04, 2002
- Mazzarella, L. Godano, P. Horak, J. Reciprocal powertrain structure-borne transfer functions synthesis for Vehicle Benchmarking, SAE Conference, 2007-01-2353, 2007
- Godano, P. Horak, J. Use of reciprocity for vehicle airborne transfer quantification, SAE Conference, 2005-01-2404, 2004