This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of Engine Oil Deterioration under Bio Diesel Fuel Use
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 15, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The research discussed in this paper clarified the effect of biodiesel fuel (BDF) on two effective deterioration indexes of engine oil, the base number (BN) and the oxidation induction time (OIT). The results of rig tests of oil deterioration using an engine oil mixed with BDF showed that BDF, which contains a large number of unsaturated bonds, accelerates engine oil deterioration.
CitationShimokoji, D. and Okuyama, Y., "Analysis of Engine Oil Deterioration under Bio Diesel Fuel Use," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1872, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-1872.
- Tsuchihashi, K. Shirakawa, H. Oku, S. Suzuki, R. Tajima, K. Effect Analysis of FAME Mixed Diesel Fuel on Diesel Engine with Common Rail System JSAE Autumn Convention 146 07 27 30 2007
- Aikawa K. maruyama M. Development of an Oil Deterioration Monitoring System by Estimating Base Number 2007-01-1565 2007
- Okuyama Y. Aikawa K. hoshikawa W. Maruyama M. Development of Engine Oil Deterioration Monitoring System Using Estimation Method of Oxidation Induction Time 2007-01-4091 2007
- Method to evaluate oxidation life of used engine oils Research Disclosure Journal, Research Disclosure Database Number 510074 2006
- Ogawa, T. Kajiya, S. Murase, A. Okada, M. Analysis of Deterioration of Biodiesel JSAE Spring Convention 46 07 11 16 2007
- http://www.coenzymeq-jp.com/pdf/v1n2.pdf 2003 4 21