This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Real-world Emission Measurements of a High Efficient Monofuel CNG Light Duty Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 15, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An optimized monofuel CNG light duty vehicle based on the Opel Zafira was investigated under real-world conditions and the results are presented in this study. To analyze the real-world performance of the monofuel CNG vehicle due to fuel consumption and exhaust emissions representative experimental test on road-test routes were performed, including sections with significantly different driving conditions. Furthermore, driving tests at different constant speeds on freeway were carried out. A benchmarking to the same vehicle with diesel powertrain was done as well. The test vehicles were equipped with a new compact on-board measurement system and additionally GPS tracking to link the received geographic information of the road-test routes with the measured exhaust mass emission data. The measurement results were validated with Matlab Simulink models of the powertrain and vehicle.
CitationCachón, L., Tóth, D., and Pucher, E., "Real-world Emission Measurements of a High Efficient Monofuel CNG Light Duty Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1864, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-1864.
- Suga T. Muraishi T. Brachmann T. Yatabe F. “Potential of a Natural Gas Vehicle as EEV” SAE International 2000
- Pucher E. Rudolf M. Bernt A. Kiener B. Schaerfl A. Sekanina A. Cachón L. Tóth D. “CNG Prototype Van with CO2 Emissions Target of 120 g/km” “FISITA 2008 World Automotive Congress”, (200), Paper-Nr. 2008-07-023
- Pucher, E. Müller, J. Real-life Emission Measurement of Light Duty Trucks with CNG, Diesel and Gasoline Engines SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-3445
- Tóth, D. Cachón, L. Pucher, E. Real World and Chassis Dynamometer Emission Measurement of a Turbocharged Gasoline Vehicle with increased Bio Fuel Blend SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1768
- Cachón L. Pucher E. “Fuel Consumption Simulation Model of a CNG Vehicle based on Real-world Emission Measurement”;” SAE Technical Paper Series 2007
- Pucher E. Tóth D. Cachón L. Weissenberger D. “Real-world Emission Measurement of a Conventional and Hybrid Light Duty Vehicles with Increased Biofuel Blends” “FISITA 2008 World Automotive Congress”, (200), Paper-Nr. 2008-07-023