This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Interactive Racing Car Driving Simulator Based on TCP/IP
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 13, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Real-time interaction between a driver and the simulator is problematic. In this study, the racing car driving simulator has been established, which is composed of the following functional components: Motion Controller, Simview, Scenario Editor, Application Programmer Interface (APIs) and Crash Simulation. With TCP/IP protocol, the Motion Controller receives driver's manipulation, road unevenness and crash situation of Simview, then generates motion streams that reflecting the current conditions, and sends them to Simview and to the hydraulic platform. Furthermore, by detecting and analyzing general vehicle two-dimensional impact, a kind of complete and applicable calculation method has been established, and complicated vehicle impacts can be analyzed accurately.
This racecar driving simulator places a racing driver in a interactive environment, and provides the driver with high-fidelity motion, visual, auditory, and force feedback cues. It can also supports a variety of applications, ranging from traffic safety research to evaluation of racecar designs.
CitationPing, W. and Guangqiang, W., "An Interactive Racing Car Driving Simulator Based on TCP/IP," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1609, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-1609.
- VTI driving simulator at VTI (the Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute) http://www.vti.se/templates/Page3257.aspx
- k\amding Wilfried Hoffmeyer Friedrich The Advanced Daimler-Benz Driving Simulator SAE Paper, 952279 1995
- Kuhl J. Evans D. Papelis Y. Romano R. Watson G. The Iowa driving simulator: an immersive research environment IEEE Computer 28 7 1995 35 41
- Freeman J.S. Watson G. Papelis Y. E. The Iowa Driving Simulator: An Implementation and Application Overview SAE Paper 960714 1995
- Kuhl Jon Evans Douglas Papelis Yiannis Romano Richard Watson Ginger The Iowa Driving Simulator: An Immersive Research Environment Computer 28 7 35 41 Jul. 1995
- Salaani Mohamed Kamel Heydinger Gary J. Grygier Paul A. Closed-Loop Steering System Model for the National Advanced Driving Simulator SAE Paper, 2004-01-1072 2004
- Heydinger Gary J. Schwarz Chris W. Salaani Mohamed Kamel Model Validation of the 2006 BMW 330i for the National Advanced Driving Simulator SAE Paper 2007-01-0817 2007
- Salaani M. Kamel Heydinger Gary J. Powertrain and Brake Modeling of the 1994 Ford Taurus for the National Advanced Driving Simulator SAE Paper, 981190 1998
- Allen R. Wade Rosenthal Theodore J. Aponso Bimal L. A Low Cost PC Based Driving Simulator for Prototyping and Hardware-In-The-Loop Applications SAE Paper 980222 1998
- Guangqiang Wu Automobile Theory People Traffic Press Beijing, China 2007
- Maruyama Yoshihisa Yamazaki Fumio Driving simulator experiment on the moving stability of an automobile under strong crosswind Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics 94 2006 191 205
- Jennings, M. Dynamic Simulation of Race Car Performance SAE Paper 962539 1996
- Jian ZHANG Jiang LI Xingda NI A study on the solution to ill-conditioned problem in vehicle crash accident reconstruction model Automotive Engineering 2007 29 1 59 62