This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study on Ignition Timing and Combustion Switching Control of Gasoline HCCI Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
As for homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) combustion, many parameters influence on self-ignition timing. We formulated a self-ignition timing simulation model. A control algorithm for HCCI engine has been formulated on the basis of this self-ignition timing simulation model. And the application of the control algorithm to a 4-cylinder engine provided with an electromagnetic valve train demonstrated that it was possible to control HCCI combustion in response to operating conditions. In addition, when switching between spark ignition and HCCI operation, the control algorithm for HCCI engine compensating for the difference in exhaust temperature and the fuel wall-wetting compensating algorithm have enabled switching without torque shock.
CitationKitamura, T., Takanashi, J., Urata, Y., and Ogawa, K., "A Study on Ignition Timing and Combustion Switching Control of Gasoline HCCI Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1128, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-1128.
- Aoyama T. Hattori Y. Mizuta J. Sato Y. An Experimental Study on Premixed-Charge compression Ignition Gasoline Engine SAE Paper 960081 1996
- Hiraya K. Hasegawa K. Urushihara T. Iiyama A. Itoh T. A Study on Gasoline Fueled Compression Ignition Engine A Trial of Operation Region Expansion SAE Paper 2002-01-0416 2002
- Fuerhapter A. Piock W. F. Fraid G. K. CSI(Controlled Auto Ignition) the Best Solution for the Fuel Consumption Versus Emission Trade-Off SAE Paper 2003-01-0754 2003
- Koopmans L. Strom H. Lundgren S. Backlund O. Denbratt I. Demonstrating a SI-HCCI-SI Mode Change on a Volvo 5-Cylinder Electronic Valve Control Engine SAE Paper 2003-01-0753 2003
- Urata Y. Awasaka M. Takanashi J. Kimura N. Study on Gasoline HCCI Engine Equipped with Electromagnetic Variable Valve Timing System Aachener Kolloquium Fahrzeug- und Motorentechnik 2004
- Olsson J. Tunestal P. Johansson B. Closed-Loop Control of An HCCI Engine SAE Paper 2001-01-1031 2001
- Cairns A. Blaxill H. The Effects of Two-Stage Cam Profile Switching and External EGR on SI-CAI Combustion Transitions SAE Paper 2007-01-0187 2007
- Kulzer A. Hathout J. Sauer C. Karrelmeyer R. Fischer W. Christ A. Multi-Mode Combustion Strategies with CAI for a GDI Engine SAE Paper 2007-01-0214 2007
- Kakuya H. Yamaoka S. Kumano K. Sato S. Investigation of a SI-HCCI Combustion Switching Control Method in a Multi-Cylinder Gasoline Engine SAE Paper 2008-01-0792 2008
- Eichelberg G. Some New Investigation on old Combustion Engine Problems Engineering 1939 463 466 547 550
- Sugimoto C. Sakai H. Umemoto A. Shimizu Y. Ozawa H. Study of Variable Valve Timing System Using Electromagnetic Mechanism International Spring Fuels & Lubricants 2001-01-1869 2004
- Takanashi J. Awasaka M. Kakinuma T. Takazawa M. Urata Y. A Study of a Gasoline HCCI Engine with an Electromagnetic VVT Mechanism FISITA2006 F2006P360 2006