This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of PGM Single Nano Catalyst Technology
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A newly developed three-way catalyst (TWC) has excellent thermal durability with an ultra low amount of platinum group metals (PGM). The performance of the new catalyst is similar to that of a conventional TWC but with only 1/10 of the typical PGM loading. In the conventional TWC, the PGM particles are simply deposited on the surface of the support material; the particles sinter during thermal aging, resulting in significant thermal deterioration. The new developed catalyst contains small nano-sized PGM particles with a unique microstructure and support materials. With this material, the PGM particles remain at the single nano size after high temperature aging.
|Technical Paper||Techniques for Analyzing Thermal Deactivation of Automotive Catalysts|
|Technical Paper||Nitrous Oxide Formation Over Three-Way Catalyst|
|Technical Paper||A Hexa-Aluminate Automotive Three-Way Catalyst|
CitationIwakuni, H., Miyoshi, S., and Takami, A., "Development of PGM Single Nano Catalyst Technology," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1079, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-1079.
- Niura Y. Ohkubo, K. Phosphorus - compound effects on catalyst deterioration and remedies SAE Paper, 852220 1985
- Sumida, H. Koda, Y. Sadai, A. Ichikawa, S. Kyogoku, M. Takato, M. Miwa Y. McCabe, R. W. Analysis of phosphorous poisoning on exhaust catalysts from compact-class vehicle SAE Paper, 2004-01-0147 2004
- Ichikawa, S. Takemoto, T. Sumida, H. Koda, Y. Yamamoto, K. Shigetsu M. Komatsu, K. Development of low light-off three way catalyst SAE Paper, 1999-01-0307 1999
- Iwakuni, H. Minoshima, K. Miyoshi, S. Koda, Y. Sumida, H. Takami, T. Proceedings of the 100h Catalysis Society of Japan Meeting 269 2007
- Miyoshi, S. Minoshima, K. Iwakuni, H. Yamada, H. Koda, Y. Sumida, H. Takami, A. Transactions of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan 39 (No. 5) 139 144 2008