This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Perfection of the Processes of the Fuel Spraying and the Fuel-Air Mixture Creating in a High-Speed Diesel Engine, Working on the Bio-Fuel Mixture
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
It has become more urgent to use alternative fuels in diesels with growth of the world prices on petroleum and reduction of petroleum stocks. It is also important the reduction of emissions of carbonic gas concerning to group of “greenhouse gases”. Therefore, the vegetable raw material fuels represent the interest to use in a diesel. One of the most perspective alternative bio-fuels is the colza-oil. A number of problems are arising at work of diesel on the colza oil. The problems are eliminated by using mixes of colza-oil with diesel fuel. However, these mixes have increased density, viscosity, and superficial tension in comparison with standard diesel fuel. It results in deterioration of the fuel spray and mix-creation.
It is offered the design of an injector, ensuring improvement of fuel spray and mix-creation in a highspeed diesel engine working on mixes of diesel fuel with colza oil. The researches of the offered injectors are carried out at a four cylinder diesel engine. It has been confirmed an improvement of fuel profitability and exhaust gases toxicity. It has been stated also the reduction of the specific effective fuel consumption, smoky of the exhaust gases, monoxide emissions of carbon and hydrocarbon, and some increase of the nitrogen emission.
CitationMarkov, V., Gladyshev, S., Devyanin, S., Mihalsky, L. et al., "Perfection of the Processes of the Fuel Spraying and the Fuel-Air Mixture Creating in a High-Speed Diesel Engine, Working on the Bio-Fuel Mixture," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0845, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0845.
- Liotko V., Lukanin B. N., Hachian A. S. Application Alternative Fuels in Internal Combustion Engines. - M.: Publishing MADI (TU), 2000. – 311p.
- Markov V.A., Kozlov S. I., Fuels and Fuel-Supply of Multi-fuel and Gas-Diesel Engines. - M.: Publishing MGTU N.E.Baumana, 2000. – 296p.
- Markov B. A., Bashirov P. M., Gabitov I. I., Toxicity of Diesel Engines Exhaust Gases. – M.: Publishing MGTU N.E. Baumana, 2002. – 376p.
- Chemistry of Fats /Tutunnikov B. N., Buhshtab Z. I., Gladkiy F. F., and other. – M.: Kolos, 1992. – 448p.
- Kuliev R.Sh., Shirinov F.P., Kuliev F.A. Physics-Chemical Properties of Some Vegetable Oils // Chemistry and Technology Fuels and Oils. - 1999- #4. – pp. 36-37.
- Noureddini H., Teoh B. C., Davis Clements L. Densities of Vegetable Oils and Fatty Acids // Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society (JAOCS). - 1992. -Vol. 69. - #12 - pp. 1184-1188.
- Noureddini H., Teoh B. C., Davis Clements L. Viscosities of Vegetable Oils and Fatty Acids // Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society (JAOCS). - 1992. - Vol. 69 - #12. - pp. 1189-1191.
- Varde K. S. Soy Oil Sprays and Effects on Engine Performance // Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers. - 1984. - Vol. 27. - #2 - pp. 326-330.
- Zubik J., Sorenson S. C., Goering C. E. Diesel Engine Combustion of Sunflower Oil Fuels // Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE). - 1984. - Vol. 27 - #5 - pp. 1252-1256
- Scholl K. W., Sorenson S. C. Combustion of Soybean Oil Methyl Ester in a Direct Injection Diesel Engine // SAE Technical Paper Series. - 1993 - # 930934. – 12p.
- Staat F., Gateau P. The Effects of Rapeseed Oil Methyl Ester on Diesel Engine Performance, Exhaust Emissions and Long-Term Behavior - A Summary of Three Years of Experimentation // SAE Technical Paper Series. - 1995. - #950053 7p.
- Weidman K., Menzad H. Rapsoel-Methylester im Dieselmotor // MTZ. - 1989. - Jg. 50. - # 2. - S. 69-73.
- Ziejewski M., Goettler H. J., Gook L. W. Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons Emissions from Plant Oil Based Alternative Fuels // SAE Technical Paper Series. - 1991 - #911765. – 8p.
- Trusov V. I., Dmitrienko V. P., Maslianiy G. D. Injektors of Auto Tractor Diesel Engines. - M.: Mashinostroenie, 1977. - 167p.
- Markov B. A., Devyanin S. N., Tihonov A. B. Influence of Sprayer Design on Parameters of a Transport Diesel Engine // the Bulletin MGTU. Mashinostroenie. - 2004 - #1 - pp. 60-81.
- Stone R. (1993) Introduction Internal Combustion Engines, SAE, Warrendale, Pennsylvania, USA