This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of CAE Methodology for Rollover Sensing Algorithm
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Rollover CAE model is developed for Rollover sensing algorithm in this paper. By using suggested CAE model, it is possible to make sensing data of rollover test matrix and these data can be used for calibration of rollover sensing algorithm. Developed vehicle model consists of three parts: a vehicle parts, an occupant parts and a ground boundary conditions. The vehicle parts include detailed suspension model and FE structure model. The occupant parts include ATD (anthropomorphic test device) male dummy and restraint systems: Curtain Airbag and Seat-Belt. We find analytical value of the suspension model through correlation with vehicle drop test, simulate this model under the conditions of untripped (Embankment, Corkscrew) and tripped (Curb-Trip, Soil-Trip) rollover scenarios. Comparison of the simulation and experimental data shows that the simulation results of suggested CAE model can be substituted for the experimental ones in calibration of rollover sensing algorithm.
CitationHong, S., Lim, J., and Park, H., "Development of CAE Methodology for Rollover Sensing Algorithm," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0828, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0828.
- Baradini R. Hiller M. “The Contribution of Occupant and Vehicle Dynamics Simulation to Testing Occupant Safety in Passenger Cars During Rollover” SAE Paper 1999-01-0431
- Gopal Madana Baren Ken Shah Minoo “Simulation and Testing of a Suite of Field Relevant Rollovers” SAE Paper 2004-01-0335
- Ootani Ryuuji Pal Chinmoy “Effective Numerical Simulation Tool for Real-World Rollover Accidents by Combining PC-Crash and FEA” SAE Paper 2007-01-1773
- Chou Clifford. C. Wu Fubang “Development of MADYMO-based Model for Simulation of Laboratory Rollover Test Modes” 19th ESV June 6-9, 2005 Paper No. 05-0347
- McCoy Robert W Chou Clifford. C van de Velde R. Twisk D. van Schie C. “Vehicle Rollover Sensor Test Modeling” SAE Paper 2007-01-0686