This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
DP590 GI Mechanical Property Variability and Structural Response CAE Studies
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Advanced High Strength Steels (AHSS) such as DP590 HDGI are helping automakers meet increasingly higher structural performance requirements while maintaining or reducing weight of the vehicle body structure . One of the issues facing design engineers implementing new materials such as AHSS is the lack of understanding the expected material variability within a steel supplier and also from one steel supplier to another; and how the variability affects product attribute performances. In this paper, we present an analysis of the aggregated mechanical property variability data obtained from several steel suppliers for a popular AHSS grade and also present studies related to the effect of material variability on structural responses.
CitationSohmshetty, R., Ramachandra, R., Bhimaraddi, A., and Xia, Z., "DP590 GI Mechanical Property Variability and Structural Response CAE Studies," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0799, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0799.
- Zang, T.A. et al, “Needs and Opportunities for Uncertainty-based Multidisciplinary Design Methods for Aerospace Vehicles”, NASA/TM-2002-211462, 2002.
- Donders Stijn, et al, “Uncertainty-Based Design in Automotive and Aerospace Engineering”, SAE 2007-01-0355.
- Dickinson Richard C., “Materials for Noise and Vibration Control - What Causes Product Variability?”, SAE 2007-01-0355.
- Gerlach Jörg Dr., “Sensitivity and Robustness Analysis for Quantification of the Influence of Material Scattering”, Forming Technology Forum 2007.
- Miracle Daniel B., “ASM Handbook,” Published by ASM International, 2002.
- Hamburg Morris, “Statistical Analysis For Decision Making”, HBJ Publishers, 3rd Edition.
- Great Designs In Steel Seminars, American Iron and Steel Institute, 2002–2008.